Last updated on July 26th, 2019
The latest post on the Kickstarter campaign for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night outlines some updates and fixes coming to the Switch. It also refers to a bug on Xbox One for the “Overlord” achievement.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Gets Development Update for Switch and More
The latest post on Kickstarter shares that Bloodstained has a patch that has already been submitted for the Nintendo Switch. The post outlines some of the improvements that are coming with the patch which include performance updates, bug fixes, Shard adjustments. Weapons adjustments and more. While the post doesn’t share when exactly this patch will go live, it does say it’s anticipated for next week.
The teams continue to work on input delay, stability and optimization. We’re not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we’ll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.
The Switch version of Bloodstained Ritual of Night had received some backlash due to its performance on the Switch which 505 Games the publisher had stated they would be looking to help improve these issues. From this post it looks like those fixes won’t be this newly submitted patch, with more news coming in later weeks.
There was also a quick update on the “Overlord” achievement that was not triggering for Xbox One players which is currently in the works.
You can check out the full list of patch changes below which includes some nerfs and balance changes:
- Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
- Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
- Increased strength based on level
- Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Riga Storaema
- Flame Cannon
- Straight Arrow
- Chase Arrow
- Heretical Grinder
- Circle Ripper
- Shooting Dagger
- Riga Dohin
- Welcome Company (nerfed significantly – starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
Enemy HP Increases
- Text corrections
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map
If you want to know what we thought of the game you should check out the Playstation 4 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review.
If you’re currently playing through Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and need some help fighting your way through the castle be sure to drop by our wiki. You can also use our Trophy guide to help you gain platinum or 100% complete the game.