Sloclap recently released Patch 1.08 for their online, action-RPG, Absolver. It’s currently up for PC on Steam and GOG with the PS4 version coming soon.
Absolver – Halloween Patch 1.08 Live!
The recent patch is called the Halloween update 1.08 and will allow players to join in on the spooky festivities. For info on previous updates you can check out their full patch notes here.
The aim of this update is provide players with better rewards in Combat Trials, Halloween themed Masks in addition new capes, sets.
Also, Sloclap plans to further expand on this update in the coming weeks. Creating new systems, new uses for Crystals and Fragments, Equipment dyes and much more.
- Prestige levels unlocked after level 60
- Rift Coins replace random loot drops in Combat Trials
- Rift Disks allow to get rarer equipments and weapons
- Win Crystals at each Prestige level
- Spend Crystals to reset attribute points
- Spend Crystals to acquire Rift Disks
- Inventory management: Sort by, Salvage and Repair.
- 4 new sets
- 3 new Absolver Cloaks
- 9 new masks, including 6 Halloween masks dropped by Marked Ones
- 1v1 maps are now in night mode (temporary)
- New “Bald” haircut available at character creation!
- Almost all attacks, including thrust attacks, now require a specific parry direction to be countered (exceptions: Hadrunken, Obvious Slash and bare-hands Rush Attack for Stagger style)
- Decrease rush acceleration
- Closer rush camera
- Rush attacks: increase stun duration
- Rush attacks: decrease knockback
Note: These are first steps to address fleeing behaviour.
Rush attacks were intended to counter players fleeing, but until now the player hit by a rush attack had the time to rush again directly after. With a longer stun and shorter knockback for the rush attacks, and a slower acceleration for the rush, the issue should be less present.
Also the new rush camera is closer to the character, so the player has not the whole vision of their surroundings, and it feedbacks more clearly when the character is rushing.
- The camera position is now lower when close to walls.
- Range 230cm -> 280cm (as before 1.06) BUT knockback now depends on distance to caster (from 280 when close to the caster, to 84 when at the limit of the range)
- Added rarity levels to all equipments
- Updated drop rates (Rift Coins and Rift Disks)
- [GAMEPLAY] 1v1 rematch : clear shards
- [GAMEPLAY] Shards cannot be filled in practice anymore
- [GAMEPLAY] Charging attacks now lose their property when parried
- [GAMEPLAY] Silence power cannot be used without a target
- [GAMEPLAY] Parrying a double hit attack doesn’t result in being hit by second hit anymore
- [GAMEPLAY] Fixed issue in which character finished in the wrong ending stance when being hit while changing stance
- [NETWORK] Fixed a bug in hit knockback resulting in some awkward teleportation
- [NETWORK] Fixed dodge position replication
- [SAVES] The game now detects if save is not valid and rollbacks to previous save if needed
- [AI] Fixed a bug when AI would get stuck after a player’s successful dodge
- [SFX] Fixed issue with boss gate SFX sound was playing in PvP maps and during boss fights.
- [DESIGN] Loot drops in Rift Coins and Rift Disks now give items in different color variants
Absolver is currently available on the PlayStation 4 and PC.
More Gaming News