Today is the launch day for inXile Entertainment’s highly anticipated Torment: Tides of Numenera on the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPG is the long awaited follow up to Planescape: Torment and is another part of the revival of the CRPG genre along with games like Divinity: Original Sin and Tyranny. Check out the riveting launch trailer:
Torment: Tides of Numenera Launch Trailer
Explore Earth one billion years in the future in the science-fantasy setting of Numenera. Discover the Ninth World built on the bones of eight advanced civilizations and leave your own mark on it. Make thousands of essential choices, face the consequences, and meet death incarnated as you seek the answer to the ultimate question: What does one life matter?
Torment: Tides of Numenera is a thematic successor to Planescape: Torment, one of the greatest cRPGs ever created. The new game explores similar deep and personal themes of life, mortality, and sacrifice, challenging players to take intellectual stances and make moral decisions.
Torment: Tides of Numenera New Player Help
Check out the following links on the Torment wiki to help you on your way:
- Classes: all you need to make a choice between the Jack, Nano and Glaive.
- Stats: the stats that make up the Last Castoff and what they do.
- Abilities & Skills: learn about the faculties you’ll make use of in combat and dialogue.
- Tides: learn about these mysterious moral leanings
- Cyphers: unique devices that can perform all manners of different actions, such as offensive area of effects, life drain, or summon beings.
- Pary Members: get to know the diverse people who will be accompanying you on your travels
- Locations: there is a diverse collection of places you’ll be visiting filled with intriguing inhabitants
- Quests: the journey to solving the mystery of the Changing God involves a multitude of quests
Playing through Torment: Tides of Numenera this week? It was one of the most backed games on Kickstarter and it promises to be one of the most philosophical experiences of the year, and perhaps even in recent gaming. You’ll want to take your time with this one!
Visit the Torment: Tides of Numenera Wiki
More on Torment: Tides of Numenera