Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dark Souls 3
- New screenshots for the Dark Souls 3 DLC: The Ringed City, which arrives on March 28th, have been released.
- The screenshots show more of the locations and NPCs we’ll be encountering in the final expansion to the celebrated game. We also got a look at some fearsome enemies including a particularly menacing looking black dragon. Check out the blog article for a complete rundown of every screen and their official captions.
- Next Wednesday, Bandai Namco is hosting a livestream that will show more of The Ringed City and will also feature some giveaways. Be sure to check back with us for a live recap of everything revealed!
Horizon Zero Dawn
- If you’ve been experiencing some crashing and progression issues while playing Horizon Zero Dawn, they may be solved as a patch was deployed today that fixes just that.
- It sounds minor, but those crashes were about the only pesky issue that marred the game’s release last week. Thoughts on the game so far? If you want to hear what we think, check out our extensive review! If you’re in the thick of playing be sure to check out where to find all of the game’s special items and how to bring down the variety of machines.
- And if you’re finishing up the game and want to don your completionist hat, we’ve got a fully trophy guide all ready to go for you on the blog. The guide gives you great step by steps for each trophy and comes chock full of videos to help you on your way.
Mass Effect Andromeda
- EA and BioWare have released the last Mass Effect Andromeda video for the Andromeda Initiative, which are a series of briefing that shed light on the game’s backstory and setting in the Andromeda Galaxy as the races of the Milky Way Galaxy are seeking a new home 600 years beyond the events of the first trilogy.
- The narration begins with a scientist from on board the Nexus station and explains the search for suitable habitats known as Golden Worlds. The search will focus on a pocket of stars in Andromeda called the Heleus Cluster in which 7 Golden Worlds have been identified, named Habitat 1- 7. The Nexus itself requires resources to be gathered from worlds which can be used to complete upgrades to it and awaken more colonists to help with the mission.
- The video gives a brief look at each of the habitats and what they can provide, with Quarians mentioned as part of the resettlement effort. Establishing colonies on these worlds involves making contact, helping with disputes and problems or even using violence.
- The game and the activities we are going to participate is starting to take shape. We’ll be exploring new habitats, establishing colonies, harvesting resources for upgrades and subsequently reinforcing our hold on these new places.
- Later in the week, we also got a look at the Mass Effect Andromeda Launch trailer which sets the stage for the game’s release on March 21st for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Our Mass Effect Andromeda giveaway is in full swing! Be sure to swing by the Mass Effect Andromeda wiki and fill out the giveaway form to earn multiple entries for a chance to win a PS4, Xbox One or copies of the game!
- Nier: Automata released this week in NA and EU for the PS4 and we were right there on launch day with a beginner’s guide. If you’re just digging in this weekend, be sure to give the guide a look and make sure you bookmark the wiki to help navigate all of the game’s secrets and endings.
- We reviewed the game this week, after playing through it a full 3 times!
- We found Nier to be an engaging, action-packed and even relaxing exploration of existentialism. Nier: Automata merges action and RPG as seamlessly as it switches cameras angles from player-controlled to fixed scroller. Have your pick of reading a visual novel and threading the plot together, or hack and slash through waves of enemies in a gorgeous dance – we did them all, and we loved every minute. Very much worth full price.
- Because we’re good like that, we also have a full trophy guide for the game to help you earn that coveted platinum. Make sure you bookmark that one too for when you’re ready. Stick with us and you’ll have the most trophies on your block.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax Online has detailed how the new PvP battlegrounds will function in the Elder Scrolls Online’s upcoming expansion Morrowind.
- Battlegrounds are short matches of 3 teams of 4 players (4v4v4). Teams are not bound by Alliance and instead are all in with their team. You join a battleground similar to the way you queue for a dungeon from the the Group & Activity Finder. You must be level 10 at the minimum and can queue solo or in a party and can specify a level range of 10-49 or 10-50 with the game type randomized. When the fight starts you’re leveled the way you are when entering Cyrodiil. Matches last at most 15 minutes and provide quicker alternatives to the longer current setup of PvP.
- There are three unique Battleground game types at the launch of Morrowind: Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Domination
- You earn points as you capture, defend, and kill, depending on the game mode. In addition to this, you can earn medals for unique actions depending on the game type
- At the end the matches your points and medals contribute to end-game rewards, including Alliance Points, Experience Points, and items. There will also be new Achievements to earn based on how you play. Weekly leaderboards will let you earn further rewards.
- Thoughts on the new game type? With MMOs, it’s good to give players options for short bursts of activity to balance the more heavy time investment activities. Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind releases June 6th for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- In an hour long livestream Bungie laid out the plans for this Spring’s free update to Destiny titled Age of Triumph which is launching March 28th for PS4 and Xbox One. The update is geared towards being a nostalgic recap of everything players have experienced through their time with the game in anticipation of this fall’s Destiny 2.
- The new record book will focus on activities players have engaged in over the life of the game. Completing nodes in the book will unlock rewards and the rewards will be account wide.
- All 4 raids will be at light parity and can be tackled at 390 light, making them all meaningful for loot again. Old rewards will now be coming back with a chance to drop at 400 light. There will be a featured weekly raid with new challenges an exclusive loot.
- By making the old new again, Bungie hopes to bring things full circle for the game while keep meaningful activities going. Thoughts on how Destiny is finishing off the twilight of the game? We know now that characters will be carrying over to Destiny 2 albeit it in a limited capacity.
Torment: Tides of Numenera
- Check out our video and article review of Torment Tides of Numenera. We had a blast playing through the game and experience its riveting story. The CRPG from inXile Entertainment tapped into our nostalgia for old school gaming and brought to mind experiences like the original Fallout, Baldur’s Gate and Knight’s of the Old Republic.
- Torment is a worthy game in the revival of the classic role playing game and stands along Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin and others as modern torch bearers. We highly recommend you check it out.
Shadow of War
- Warner Bros. and Monolith have revealed the first gameplay look at Middle Earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to the hit Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The Action RPG takes place in the Lord of the Rings universe and features a heavy focus on combat and a unique Nemesis system that catalogued your actions and tailored the game’s future interactions to them.
- Beyond the return of defeated foes with a grudge, the Nemesis system will be expanded to bind characters and environments allowing it to cover themes of betrayal, loyalty and friendship. This should make the game’s play out in a way unique to every player.
- In the gameplay example, you work to capture an orc fortress. Once you capture it, whether you name a loyal follower the overseer, or give the title to a veteran war chief will have consequences going forward.
- Beyond the added depth of the Nemesis system, the game will feature more customization and more loot bringing it more in line with an RPG, as well as further refinement to the first game’s addicting and brutal combat.
- The game is looking intense already in its alpha stages. We love the first and are very excited to see the new changes coming. Middle Earth: Shadow of War releases August 22nd, 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Funcom has released a preview of what content fans playing the Conan Exiles early access can expect the game to roll out over the next few months. The Survival mashup game went into early access in January and lets players engage in all of their best sandbox wish fulfillment desires, including building, crafting, killing, smashing, killing, torturing, killing and more.
- Trebuchet, build-able siege towers, avatar defense and corpse lockers to house your slain foes. All said, these will be tools employed within your sieges of enemy strongholds.
- Dye system for customizing armor and clothing
- New dungeons to explore
- Invading enemies from adjacent lands that players will have to band together to fend off
- Taming of wild animals to turn them into mounts
- A sorcery system that will tie into the game’s corruption mechanic
- A town system that increases the activity and behaviors of your captures slaves
- A new biome location with greenery that will add a temperature mechanic to the game’s weather system
- Expansion of the religion system & more
- It seems as if Funcom has big plans indeed for the game. Conan Exiles is in early access on PC right now and is set to release in full on PC and PS4 and Xbox One sometime in 2018.
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: