Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dark Souls 3
- Bandai Namco and FromSoftware have released Dark Souls 3 Patch App Version 1.13 for pc and PS4, and the 14th on XboxOne. There are some MASSIVE changes to co-op on this that are certain to change the makeup of invasions.
- When a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host will now be unable to summon subsequent white phantoms for a certain period of time (this change does not apply to covenant based invasions)
- There were also a host of other changes to the base game, as well as multiplayer. One of the big changes was to the matchmaking rules. You can find the entire list of changes to the game by visiting the patches page on the wiki. It’s clear that as the game has entered its finish, with The Ringed City released, From Software has implemented some broad changes to shore up the ship once and for all before moving on to other projects.
- The patch also brought a new arena for PvP enthusiasts. Called the Round Plaza, it is the flat arena that players have been asking for and is very reminiscent of the Pontiff bonfire PvP hotspot.
- What are your thoughts on all the changes and new arena? Ready to ride off into the sunset with the franchise?
Mass Effect Andromeda
- BioWare has released the next limited time Apex mission for Mass Effect: Andromeda’s multiplayer. It is available from Thursday until Monday the 17th on every platform.
- Players can join the elite APEX forces and take part in the next of several ongoing story-based missions that will feature new playable characters, weapons and items. This Mission, “Those Alien Artifacts Aren’t For You!” takes place in Firebase Sandstorm and holds some Remnant secrets. You will have to steal Remnant artifacts back for APEX without being caught by kett or outlaw scavengers.
- Available for this mission will be a Salarian Architect loadout with a modded Remnant bot. You will also have access to the Combatives Upgrade, which increases the lethality of the assault rifle and pistol and the Adaptive War Amp, which is an advanced biotic amp that increases the strength of biotic powers.
- Be sure you’re following the blog to find out when the next Apex mission goes live and the details of the objectives!
- Zenimax Online announced an Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Week which started this past Tuesday and runs all the way through this coming Tuesday. If only every weekend began on Tuesday.
- There’s still a few days left! You can download and play the game on PS4, Xbox One and Steam from their respective online stores.
- You’ll have access to the full The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited base game, not including DLC game pack areas.
- Upon account creation, you will receive 500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store. Perfect for Crown Crates, unique outfits, XP boosts, and more!
- Any characters you create, Crown Packs or Crown Store items you purchase, and progress you make during the Free Play event will carry over if you decide to purchase the game.
- If you participated in any previous Free Play events, any characters, progress, Crown Packs and Crown Store items you acquired during that time will still be available to play as well!
- Throughout the event period, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition, and Crown Packs will be available at a discounted price. You can also purchase Crown Experience Scrolls and the Starter Pack from the in-game Crown Store at a discounted price for the duration of the event.
- ESO continues to roll out fresh new content and events, and this a good time to jump especially if you’re curious about the upcoming Morrowind expansion that will return players to land where The Elder Scrolls III took place. If you’re taking the trial (and you should!) we have a ton of resources on the wiki, including a guide on classes and getting started so be sure to check them out today so you’re ready when you start playing!
- Speaking of Morrowind, Elder Scrolls Online have given players an introduction to the new Warden class that is releasing with the Morrowind expansion on June 6th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Wardens can summon fierce animals, sprout healing plants from the ground, or cloak themselves and others in protective ice and their visual style is designed after these wild and natural properties.
- The Warden’s three skill lines, Winter’s Embrace, Green Balance and Animal Companions are all ally focused lines that do things like buff your party’s defense, increase their attributes or boost elements like Magicka and Stamina regen in addition to summoning some impressive beasts.
- Animal Companions focuses more on damage, Green Balance focuses on healing, and Winter’s Embrace is a tanking focused line, allowing for newcomers and veterans options for designing their own customized playstyle.
- If Op-Eds are your thing, we also wrote an opinion piece this week that looks at the problems and potential in ESO’s economy. Give the article on the blog a read!
- Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja have announced that Nioh’s PvP and first paid DLC called Dragon of the North will launch on May 2nd for the PS4 exclusive. It will be included in the season pass or will be priced separately
- “Dragon of the North” will let players “venture deep into Japan’s embattled Northern provinces.” and will include the following content
- The new PvP mode is still unclear in how it operate, whether it’s environmental PvP like in Dark Souls 3 or a separate arena/dojo experience similar to the Master Missions in the game.
- Beyond Dragon of the North, 2 more DLC’s will be coming in the future, titled Defiant Honor and Bloodshed’s End. Defiant Honor will let players fight in the bloody Winter Campaign of the Siege of Osaka and in Bloodshed’s End you will bring the Siege of Osaka to an end during the Summer Campaign. Neither have release dates, so keep checking back for more!
- Blizzard has officially unveiled the new Overwatch event, titled Uprising. The event runs until May 1st on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- For those interested in the game’s story, the happenings of the event takes place 7 years into the past during an uprising led by Null Sector, a rogue group of omnics.
- The new 4 player horde mode will let you play as either Tracer, Torbjörn, Reinhardt, or Mercy to defeat the robots and liberate the city of King’s Row and will also allow an alternative mode where you can choose any hero. The Uprising Loot Boxes you can earn and buy will unlock cosmetics from the past, and can be earned until the event’s end on May 1st. Happy fighting!
- Developer Cradle Games has announced a kickstarter for Hellpoint, an upcoming Sci-Fi RPG inspired by From Software’s Soulsborne series. It is scheduled to release early 2018 on PS4, Xbox One and PC across Steam and GOG, DRM free.
- You will have to navigate your way through the overrun space station that orbits in real time and changes the landscape and behaviors of the denizens depending on where it is in space. It will support splitscreen co-op and PvP and feature crafting and customization. Upon death the station and game will change around you. This all unfolds in a 3rd person combat perspective that should be familiar to Dark Souls fans.
- Cradle Games is a video games studio based in Quebec, Canada founded by industry veterans, and as a studio they focus on the RPG genre. For this indie venture, they’re aiming to raise around 37,000 USD by May 9th. To back them you can check out their kickstarter page and keep an eye out for an in-depth hands on preview from us coming soon!
Prepare to Dine
- Bandai Namco has released a teaser trailer, teasing…something with the tagline #PrepareToDine.
- The clip features a vampire like vibe, with some hack and slash swordplay, although the video description refers to the animation as inspired by an upcoming project. Given the cheeky tagline, it’s possible the project in question here is at least Dark Souls inspired. An official announcement on the project is coming April 20th. We’ll be sure to bring an update then.
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: