Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dark Souls 3
- Bandai Namco has released a new launch trailer and screenshots for Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City, the final DLC for From Software’s RPG, which is releasing March 28th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- The trailer starts off with a scene from the Ashes of Ariandel DLC and then proceeds to show the content from the announce trailer, followed by a sequence of new footage that shows some of the new enemies, weapons, spells and bosses that the expansion will bring.
- Additionally they’ve released several new screenshots with descriptions to feast your eyes on and dig into for the weekend
- The screen shots go into more detail of the story and characters that we are going to be learning more about when we play. Call us optimistic but we’re getting a very strong, wrap up all the loose ends vibe from this expansion. Perhaps some of these nagging questions that lore hounds have had for years will finally be answered! Check out the blog for a full collection of the shots and their corresponding captions.
- The newest patch arrived this week for the game and brought with it new arenas for the Undead Match for owners of the Season Pass or if you own either of the DLC’s. The patch also brings PS4 Pro support and a ton of changes and balancing fixes to the game. It seems just about everything got tweaked. Be sure to check the patch notes on the wiki for the full list!
- Thoughts on the trailer and screenshots? Dark Souls 3 is looking to enter it’s twilight with a solid final DLC. Players who have yet to take the plunge can check out the Fire Fades Game of the Year Edition which collects the base game and both of the DLC’s in one package.
Mass Effect Andromeda
- BioWare’s long anticipated Mass Effect: Andromeda releases today worldwide for the PS4, Xbox One and PC and we have a host of resources available for you at launch!
- These are just a few of the very useful pages on the wiki to help you on your way:
- Skills: Plan your loadout, you can equip 3 at once.
- Profiles: No more classes, instead you can switch these presets on the fly.
- Characters: Get to know your squad!
- Weapons: New galaxy means new tech to play around with.
- Nomad: Get to know your new all terrain vehicle and how you can upgrade it.
- Tempest: This is your new ship where your crew and you will spend most of your time.
- Missions: Go here for walkthroughs of this epic sci-fi saga.
- We’ve also got launch day mission walkthrough videos for you to follow along to. Be sure to check out our channel for all of them!
- BioWare has released a patch for Mass Effect: Andromeda that addresses some launch and early access issues. Check out the patches page on the wiki for the full notes!
Final Fantasy XV
- Square Enix has previewed the details for the upcoming DLC for Final Fantasy XV, called Episode Gladiolus. The story chapter will let players play as greatsword wielding party member Gladiolus as they explore his back story and motivations.
- While Final Fantasy XV focuses on the bond between Noctis and his friends, Episode Gladiolus allows players to find out what happened when Gladiolus leaves the party.
- While the main game’s system was designed around Noctis and his mobility to warp and dodge enemy attacks, Gladiolus fights by blocking and counterattacking with the new “Valor” and “Rage” system.
- Players can access a new area that was previously not accessible in the main game.
- By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
- In addition to the main episode, two additional gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” are available upon completing the episode. These modes offer an added challenge and high replay value for the player.
- The launch trailer shows a much more unique and focused setting than the main game and looks like it will be telling a very different story. Thoughts on the DLC?
- A couple of images of promotional posters have surfaced on the internet today that seem to state a September 8th release date for Destiny 2 along with a pre-launch beta.
- Activision has already confirmed on a couple of occasions that the sequel to Destiny was on track for release in Fall 2017 and we know that Bungie has a massive development team working on it. Recently Bungie said that characters would be carrying over but that progression and gear would not. Beyond that, any changes to formula remain speculative. Thoughts on the posters and potential release date?
- The Age of Triumph launches for Destiny later this month and makes the old new again as it refreshes the old raids and makes them all light appropriate. Additionally, some older weapons are getting a bump back to light level viability. The entire event will be a sendoff of sorts for players as the game prepares to make way for its successor, which will likely make some significant changes to the game.
- This week began the Jester’s Festival for the Elder Scrolls Online, a whimsical bit of fun that runs until April 3rd on the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Outside the cities of Ebonheart, Vulkhel Guard and Daggerfall, pavilions have been set up to host the festival. Jesters dressed as the three alliance rulers will appear at each location, and offer challenges of foolishness to festival goers.
- When you complete a daily task for one of the Jesters, you will receive a Jester’s Festival Box that can provide some some silly rewards, including:
- A random crafting material (Provisioning ingredient, Alchemy reagent, or Health glyph)
- A consumable version of a Jester’s Festival themed Memento
- There are several possible rewards you can earn from these boxes, including:
- Runebox: Cherry Blossom Branch (Container with: Cherry Blossom Branch inside)
- Recipe: Princess’ Delight (Makes Princess’ Delight)
- Recipe: Candied Jester’s Coins (Makes Jester’s Coins)
- Recipe: Dubious Camoran Throne (Makes Dubious Camoran Throne)
- Recipe: Jewels of Misrule (Makes Jewels of Misrule)
- A new hat – The Crown of Misrule
- A host of fun new consumables
- New Jester’s Festival Housing items: Jester’s Large and Small Trees
- Jester’s Standard
- Throughout the duration of the event, the Crown Store will feature some Jester’s Festival-themed items such as:
- Royal Court Jester costume
- Bi-Color Coxcomb Cap
- Fool’s Cap and Masque
- Ass-Ears Jester Cap
- The Jester personality
- There are a few achievements you can also earn for the duration of the event which you can find on the Jester’s Festival wiki page. Have fun getting silly!
- IGN released an exclusive 15 minute playthrough of Absolver this week that showed off some of game’s early tutorial mission.
- In the video we get a look at some of the hand to hand combat that is the game’s trademark as well as some moves, gear and environments.
- Sparring is going to be the name of the game and players will be able to mentor others and teach and learn new moves. Feints, dodges and a highly customizable deck of moves will really let players dig into the game’s nitty gritty.
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: