Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Prime 1 Studio is making a new beautiful statue for Bloodborne that is set to arrive next year. The statue is themed after the DLC The Old Hunters and stands 3 feet tall, and depicts the iconic Hunter character from Sony and From Software’s chilling Lovecraftian homage.
- Priced at 800 USD, the statue has some interchangeable components that will let you set whatever grisly scene you’d like. In addition to being able to swap in a street lamp and pillar you will be able to swap out right hands, one which holds a Saw Cleaver and the other with a Hunter Axe. There is an exclusive edition that will allow you to swap in a hand with the Threaded Cane for those of the fancier persuasion.
- There will be 2000 of the standard available for purchase and 1250 of the exclusive. The exclusive edition can be pre-ordered now and is scheduled to release mid to end 2018. Pretty gnarly stuff. Have you got a few hundred you’ve been looking to splurge? This could be just the 3 foot addition you need in your life. There’s no accounting for terrified guests of course.
- Check out our op-ed piece on the blog on why we think making Destiny 2 more accessible is a good thing.
- The new changes to the hud, interface and introduction of Guided Games to help solo players get a crack at raids are all steps Bungie is taking to improve player engagement, especially for the more solo or casual players.
- By making some interface and social changes Bungie is able to reasonably offer enjoyment to the hardcore clan, solo or casual player without futzing around with progression and rewards. That’s just Good Game Design 101.
- A new patch released for Nioh that addresses some issues introduced with last week’s patch as well as makes some new modifications to the game. In addition to adding some new Clans to the Clan Battles feature, the storage space has been increased from 2000 to 4000 slots. Furthermore, PvP continues to get balance adjustments such as changes to timing and mechanics. Weapons and skills also received some tweaks and adjustments as well as the usual litany of bug fixes.
- Making your way through the recent Dragon of the North DLC? Be sure to check out our YouTube channel for some great videos on how to take out the new bosses.
Mass Effect Andromeda
- BioWare has released the next limited time Apex mission for Mass Effect: Andromeda’s multiplayer
- Players can join the elite APEX forces and take part in the next of several ongoing story-based missions that will feature new playable characters, weapons and items. This Mission, “Unraveling the Remnant” takes place in Remnant Ruins.
- You will have access to Enhanced Munitions and the Shock Trooper upgrade that increases shotgun damage and power cell carrying capacity. The match modifier is Empty Resupply: all the ammo boxes are empty and you will have a +800% increase to your Ammo and +8 Power Resources.
The Elder Scrolls Online
- With Morrowind right around the corner, Fex took a look at the long 3 year journey of The Elder Scrolls Online and how the game has changed over the years while retaining a dedicated player base. Give the wonderful article and video a watch and get lost in the vastness of Tamriel with us.
- Zenimax online has released the next in a series of videos that give players a brief tour of some of the new content that you’ll be experiencing in Morrowind, their upcoming expansion to the Elder Scrolls Online. This guided tour gives you a look at the main deity in it, Vivec the Living God. Your tour guide for the video is the assassin Naryu Virian and in the video you see the palace of Vivec, marked by the not so inconspicuous meteor that hangs in suspension above it. Vivec stands to be a prominent figure in the new content you’ll be playing through as his influence is paramount in the events of this land.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind is in early access right now on PC and is the largest piece of expansion content to date for the popular MMO. In addition to the new locations, it brings a new class, the Warden, new dungeons, sets, PvP battlegrounds and a ton more. It’s set to release June 6th with a global release time of 5 AM EST for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is making its way to the current gen of consoles this fall. The enhanced version of the original Dragon’s Dogma which released for the PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013 is the gift that keeps on giving as it saw a PC release early last year.
- There aren’t any details regarding this version, but we can presume it will receive a graphical boost similar to the PC release. This re-release will celebrate the game’s fifth anniversary which it just reached in April.
- Later in the day, Capcom released some new screenshots for the console versions to get everyone appropriately hyped which you can check out on the blog.
- Capcom is really getting some good mileage out of the game and there are perhaps a sizeable number of players who never had a chance to play the first on the last gen consoles. Fortunately for them, the game has held up well. Thoughts on Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to consoles?
- Square Enix has released a new update has been released today for Final Fantasy XV on PS4 and Xbox One. The actual content of the update is minor as it fixes a few minor bugs and issues that were annoying users. The bigger news is the inclusion of a survey that lets players voice their opinions on the type of future DLC content they would like to see.
- Upon booting up the game and selecting the survey, at the top it says, “Select the content you would most like to see added in future updates. However you can only vote once so choose wisely!”
- There are a variety of options here from story content to more mechanical features like new characters and gameplay, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of this. The deadline for completing the survey is June 30th so be sure to make your voice heard!
Divinity Original Sin 2
- Larian Studios has announced today that Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be releasing September 14th on PC. The game is presently in early access on PC, and has been adding features over the past few months.
- In addition to the release date announcement, a new patch for early access is coming that will add some features and make some changes to things. The most notable of these features is the inclusion of warship as your base of operations which is a change from the initially planned halls. They are also adding in the relationship system which will now have your companions reacting to your choices and conversations. If you tick them off too much, they may just up and leave! They’ve also made some changes to skills and the crafting system as well as changes to how the game starts out including a tutorial level. As usual, a litany of bugs get squashed too.
- Earlier this month Larian unveiled Game Master mode to applause and they continue to pump out the announcement goodness. We’re crossing our fingers for a console release announcement sometime soon too. Excited to play this September? Let us know in the comments!
- inXile Entertainment has released a new update for Torment: Tides of Numenera for consoles and PC. The update introduces some new content for players of the acclaimed CRPG that explores a world 1 billion years into the future in the science-fantasy setting of Numenera.
- The free update nets you the new companion Oom who comes with unique skills to offer your party. The new update also brings a brand new questline to explore. Addtionally, players will now find a codex that includes entries and info on companions, characters, locations, creatures and more. There are also console optimizations, updated UI and other tweaks.
- Good stuff! If you haven’t checked out the game, give it a look, espeically if you’re interested in the CRPG of yore with a strong focus on narrative, deep concepts and choices/outcomes. Give our review a read to learn more!
- Intrepid wastelanders on Xbox One and Steam were able to experience Fallout 4 for free this weekend. During this time, Xbox Live Gold Members and Steam users were able to play all of Fallout 4’s base content and try out Mods for free. The PC version expires at 1 PM PST and Xbox One at 11:59 PM PST so there is still some time to get in there.
- Additionally, Steam, PlayStation Store and Xbox Live will offer savings for Fallout 4’s base game and Season Pass, with discounts up to 67% off. Not a bad deal overall if you’re looking to get into some extended gaming over this holiday weekend. We loved Fallout 4 and gave it an 8.7 in our review and also thought highly of some of the DLC, especially Far Harbor and Nuka World. If you’re taking up arms in the Commonwealth, be sure to keep our wiki handy for some incredibly detailed quest walkthroughs and more!
- CD Projekt Red’s Gwent is now available on public beta for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The card game that made its first appearance in the Witcher series has been retooled for a more dedicated standalone experience. You can sign up to play by visiting their website. To mark the release, they’ve put out a cinematic trailer as well as a gamplay trailer and some videos explaining the game’s factions.
- Thoughts on Gwent? Is it enough to satisfy your Witcher craving? We’re all anxiously awaiting for more on CD Projekt Red’s next game Cyberpunk 2077 and whatever else they may have in store for us down the road.
- Check out the Preview we did this week of Valkyria Revolution. The Valkyria Chronicles of games are a beloved series for players who love turn based tactics with strong narratives that involve themes of large scale war, particularly events inspired by WWII. The series has appeared across the Playstation family of consoles and handhelds, with the third entry releasing in 2011. Valkyria Revolution is the next entry in that franchise but it’s not a numbered sequel, instead a spinoff from that series that is looking to chart its own course in the west.
- Fans of both the Valkyria series of games as well as fans of more modern battle systems that blend real time with turn base actions will want to check out Valkyria Revolution. t’s one of the more unique series to come out in RPGs and it’s worth looking into even if this is your first knowledge of its existence.
Top 5 RPGs of June
- This week we released our Top 5 RPGs for the month of June. Give the video and article a look. June is a great month for the JRPG fan and the games on that list feature gameplay mechanics that should appeal to a broad palette. Summer is around the corner, and if you’re traveling, many of these games are right at home on the handheld Vita.
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: