Happy Holidays from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Team Ninja has revealed the final Japanese Box Art for Nioh when it releases February 9th, 2017 on the PS4.
- Koei Tecmo is handling the publishing of the game in Japan, so it’s very possible that the Western release which is being published by Sony to feature a different final cover. The cover as is features a broad representation of the elements in the game, such as some of the NPCs in the story, a Guardian Spirit and a menacing yokai.
- Nioh hosted its second of three gameplay livestreams to show off the upcoming Action RPG from developer Team Ninja and publishers Sony and Koei Tecmo.
- The stream began by showing the footage that was shown during this past Saturday’s Koei Tecmo demonstration. Afterwards they went through several screenshots and images of NPCs and their corresponding Guardian Spirits. Afterwards they got into the meat of gameplay showing some stage playthrough culminating in the Ogress boss fight we saw at the Playstation Experience. As usual, the boss was not defeated. The team wrapped up with some conversation and an overview of the pre-order bonuses and a look at an in game feature that allows you to swap your appearance for other characters in the game like Hattori Hanzo or Tokugawa Ieyasu in exchange for some items, as well as purchase new weapons and gestures.
Final Fantasy XV
- The new update for Final Fantasy XV came this week for players. It was to release on the 22nd with the Holiday Pack DLC, but has triggered a day early. The Holiday Pack DLC was part of the download and unlocked on the 22nd.
- In addition to all of the new goodies, the update pack brought New Game Plus with it and also sets the stage for January’s Moogle Chocobo Carnival, a new seasonal event for the game.
- New Game Plus can be selected from the main menu. Most of what you’ve earned in your previous playthrough will remain in your inventory. This includes your Ascension, ability points, levels, outfits, and inventory items barring a few endgame features like the Regalia Type-F and the upgraded Engine Blade.
- Enemies are not scaled and normal and easy difficulty also remain unchanged, and there is no hard mode. In New Game Plus you can earn duplicates of high end accessories and weapons as well as earn around 14 more magic flasks.
CD Projekt Red
- CD Projekt Red, developer of the Witcher series and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 is receiving 30 million PLN, or about 7 million USD from the Polish government’s NCBR (National Center for Research of Development) to fund proposals for game development goals from the studio.
- The official document shared by the NCBR gives an overview of the proposals and gives us some insights into what the studio is planning for their future games, including research for creation of a city and seamless multiplayer.
- We know that Cyberpunk 2077 is under development right now, set to release sometime next year or after and from our what we know article, the game is going to be larger in scope than any of the Witcher games. We also know that multiplayer is confirmed for the title, just not exactly in what form, and it seems these proposals are to that end.
- The PS4 demo for Nier: Automata is available this week for players to download on the PSN store.
- The demo lets players take control of one of the playable characters, 2B, as she makes her way through an abandoned factory to defeat a boss enemy inside. Players can make use of a small assortment of weapons and items and will be accompanied by a support POD who can provide ranged attacks. It’s a short demo but is action packed and shows how the game will swap between camera perspectives, alternating between 3rd person, top down, and a pulled out side to side view. The demo also gives players a crack at the game’s different difficulty modes.
- In conjunction with the demo, a new trailer has released that teases some of the crossover weapons from other games, notably the Engine Blade from Final Fantasy XV that will appear in the final game.
Torment: Tides of Numenera
- InXile Entertainment has released a new update for Torment: Tides of Numenera’s early access on PC. The Tidal Surge update gives players a vast amount of improvements and changes to the game.
- Techland and inXile Entertainment have announced that Torment: Tides of Numenera will release on February 28th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- The game will feature two different launch editions, a Day One Edition and a Collector’s Edition, each stuffed full of some great goodies for castoffs of the ninth world, including a soundtrack, printed map, statue and more!
- Torment is presently in early access on PC, and we’re hard at work prepping the wiki for it as your go to for info on classes, abilities, weapons, cyphers, locations, quests and more!
- Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment have released a new patch for Tyranny this week that addresses some issues for players of the brooding CRPG successor to Pillars of Eternity on PC.
- Check the patch notes on the wiki for the full details!
- There’s a lot of dialogue and outcomes to explore in this game so be sure to check the wiki for help on quests, talents, equipment and more!
- In an IGN first look, Dontnod Entertainment and Focus Home Interactive have released a new trailer for Vampyr, the upcoming Action RPG set in early twentieth century London.
- You take on the role of, Dr. Jonathan Reid, a recently turned Vampire, who wrestles with his desire to kill and his commitment as a doctor to heal. The trailer’s theme highlights this struggle as it shows the effects of the Spanish flu that ravaged London in 1918 and a populace who is desperate for healing. Blood is power, and feeding on victims improves your abilities. The more you feed the more powerful you become, but the city will decay further.
- Vampyr is set to release sometime in 2017 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. Check out our preview and developer interview to learn more and be sure to keep checking back for updates.
Holiday Game Nights
- In a last bit of Holiday fun, we’re hosting 2 holiday game nights this month! We thought it would be fun to get together as a community and stream some games and hang out in the chat.
- The first night was this past Thursday, December 22nd at 9 PM EST and we had a ridiculously good time playing Uncharted 4’s new Survival mode. Thanks to everyone who joined the stream!
- The second night will be Thursday, December 29th at 9 PM EST and the game will be Drawful 2. Everyone can join in on this one! Drawful is a hilarious Pictionary type game where someone draws a terribly drawn representation of something and everyone guesses. The audience can all vote via their phones or tablets on which guess is the right one. You don’t need to own the game to vote and participate, so this gives us an opportunity to do something everyone can participate in at once!
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: