Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

The classic tabletop roleplaying experience has never died. People all over the world have gathered for years to live out roleplayed lives in fantastical settings and world saving campaigns. Building off of the rich world building from genre legends like J.R.R. Tolkien, Dungeons and Dragons and its later cousin Pathfinder have taken the elves, beasts and fairies of lore and transformed them into living worlds where rather than read their outcomes, people can impact the course of the story. These experiences have continued in the video game medium, with modern CRPGs like Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity, and Divinity ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,974.50
Wiki Edits: 561
I was wondering how long it'd take them to do this. Pathfinder always kind of felt like it wanted to be a video game more than a tabletop RPG. Although, being a medium where the audience participates in the story, video games aren't all that far removed from tabletops in theory. The only real differences are video games have hardware-based limitations such as restricted player control and not enough raw processing power to make a large, fluid world. Give it another twenty years and they might end up being practically indistinguishable.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
I actually expect a division when a tabletop setting comes to video games. I think both mediums are different and do certain things well, so my enthusiasm comes from seeing the setting realized in digital form rather than what can it do for me to replicate the table, which to be honest, I'm still not sure why that desire exists. With stuff like roll 20, the mind's eye tabletop game is able to be played with people all over the world. Video games are so finite by definition of their software, it's tough to imagine them ever accommodating imagination.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon