Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

Souls: 237.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

The gaming world has seen a major shift with the current generation.  The days of old where gamers dined mostly on big budget AAA titles are no more.  The AAA titles are still here of course, but the bite sized indie scene has exploded. A newfound ease of entry into the development world has led to an unprecedented number of small studios diving in.  This climate of creativity has led to a myriad of new experiences.  However, if you ask Ninja Theory, they would say that this has led to gamers having a choice between AAA games with high production ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,030.50
Wiki Edits: 559
It's a realistic setting, but there are fantasy elements because the main character is hallucinating? I'm not sure how to take that. If there's one of those old "you accidentally an entire village" scenes, then I'm out.
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

I can't say that there's not one of those scenes for sure. What I can add though, is that while the main character has psychotic episodes with hallucinations, what I've seen from the development diaries is that they took a ton of care to approach the subject in a realistic manner. So what I'm getting at, is that if there IS one of these scenes, it will probably be done well :P
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,030.50
Wiki Edits: 559
Realistically portrayed mental illness is less common than it should be. If they can manage it, then I suppose that'd be worth it by itself.
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

Fingers crossed. There's a few comments on it from the lead actress (who is also the Ninja Theory employee whose job it is to create the diary entry videos among things) in this video entry. This is also a really good look into how they're creating the character.

http://www.hellblade.com/development-di ... ing-senua/

And this one is also really good in covering their approach with mental illness

http://www.hellblade.com/development-di ... spectives/