VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 202,468.02
Wiki Edits: 37281
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Many players were unhappy with the length and difficulty of the previous Dark Souls 3 DLC Ashes of Ariandel. While adding and interesting area to the game, it didn't really have that something that we all craved. The Ringed City, on the other hand, is exactly that something that you have been waiting for. (minor spoilers ahead, click the links at your own risk!) Featuring a new Covenant with unique mechanics, 2 new zones (one of which is breathtaking), and 4 new bosses that are sure to break a controller or two, players will find themselves busy for the next couple of ...
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

Semel

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,145.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Running past every enemy on the level in order to find something to kill the angelic laser beam nightmare floating in the sky over and over is really not my idea of a good time. It can be extremely frustrating when you want to explore and see everything, but you can’t because the @#$%ing @#hole in the sky won’t let you

Does hidden body spell work against this angel?

Long distances between bonfires

is this a good thing? /s

Anyways, I think, as a sorcerer, I'll just use everything I have at my disposal including hidden body spell to show them new enemies who is the true boss there even if it's just a stealthy invisible and backstabbing boss :D
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 41,539.50
Wiki Edits: 554
Bit of a conflict with the "@#$%ing" followed shortly by active use of the words "****" and "****".

theotherMittens

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,136.00
The part about the Angel reminds me of Old Yharnam and Nightmare of Mensis, both of which I loved. We'll see how much I really enjoy it once l actually play it.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,135.00
Wiki Edits: 41
I'll have to play the dlc myself to say for sure. But looking up some things i have 3 tiny nitpicks so far:

1) we finally got an old monk style fight that seems like it was executed wonderfully. my worry though is that it's locked behind dlc and arguably one of the toughest fights souls players have seen just to join said covenant. and that boss is optional. I unfortunately don't see myself rushing to get this covenant done on any character aside from my main.

2) The Midir fight looks fantastic. But it does bother me that at the moment killing him via killing through his tail is a little unnerving to me. But at least the ranged attacks don't have BS hitboxes this time around. (from watching anyway.)

3) Despite this being the "city of the hollows" I was sure we'd see more about the sabel church. Even more so considering their involvement in the last dlc (more or less.) and nothing more on velka. Hopefully the lore is heavy with this dlc to make up for those shortcomings.

Overall the 3 things that usually sell me for souls dlc are the weapons/armors, music, and boss fights. The weapons are downright amazing. There is a little something for everyone. armor is a good step up from AoA but that's not really saying much. I was VERY impressed by the sound tracks this time around. Wasn't expecting that. And the boss fights all seem very strong this time as well.

I can't wait to feel out the midir fight and see if it topples my enjoyment of kalameets fight. Gaels fight looks good in it's own right. But I don't think it topples the fight with sir Artorias or Sir alonne. But it deff contends with Knight raimes boss fight. and easily destroys any other humanoid boss fight. I'm on the fence about the demon prince fight. As, at least in my opinion, demon fights in the souls series (disregarding demon souls since i've little experience) have always been weird. often either gimmicky or just frustrating.

And aside from my other complaints about the halflight fight I feel like this is easily the weakest fight if you are someone who plays offline. NPC fights always never seem to reach that level of satisfaction a normal boss gives.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

announakis

Revived
Savior

Souls: 19,503.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Oh dear...based on this review, I will have a freaking hard time on my NG+4 at sl125...
the beauty of it is that you are better off really trying alone sine most meta guys you summon do not arrive prepared for being one shot almost every hit lol
can't wait to die a lot! I miss it^_^
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

Souls: 244.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
We can password co-op it. I'm on NG+3 right now and will likely flip the game again to do the DLC twice on this character.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

dn1nd

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 37,182.00
Wiki Edits: 112
Looking forward to finally playing it.

Shop Icon

TAPETRVE

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,849.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Already seeing lots of people pissing and moaning about how this DLC once again gives no solution or even just explanations whatsoever for the loose ends in the main game. It should be common knowledge by now that straight explanations in the series only exist to keep a plotline running, never to provide outright closure.
Tin cans skitter the ground,
Mimic the sound
Of Brass Dogs barking.

The Brass Dogs are barking.
The Brass Dogs,
The Brass Dogs are barking.
VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 202,468.02
Wiki Edits: 37281
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Many players were unhappy with the length and difficulty of the previous Dark Souls 3 DLC Ashes of Ariandel. While adding and interesting area to the game, it didn't really have that something that we all craved. The Ringed City, on the other hand, is exactly that something that you have been waiting for. (minor spoilers ahead, click the links at your own risk!) Featuring a new Covenant with unique mechanics, 2 new zones (one of which is breathtaking), and 4 new bosses that are sure to break a controller or two, players will find themselves busy for the next couple of ...
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon