VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 144,720.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25854
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

It’s been several years since Bioware released a Mass Effect game where we could traverse the vastness of space. In the previous trilogy we were bound to the Milky Way galaxy, and the game concluded the story of Shepard and his crew. It’s 2017 now, and Bioware has released Mass Effect Andromeda, where we get all new characters, enemies, setting, and story that’s set 634 years into the future in the galaxy of Andromeda. Bioware wants to make a new trilogy with Mass Effect Andromeda as a foundation. Does the new iteration of the series evolve its gameplay mechanics for ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 1,802.00
Disagree that the weakness in ME:A is the story and characters; tis the part that kept me going through the trials of certain game mechanics that became annoying. I find myself rather intrigued by the new alien on the team, and like the banter and insights he offers when exploring, esp on the planets of his people. And that race is more intriguing to me; am finding myself more willing to click on most of the NPC's. And I quite like the story of Ryder, and find the origin compelling and touching. As for responses, the ones I have chosen have been suitable the vast majority of the time. Only have reloaded once due to my reluctance to go down a certain path first chosen thus far.

The weak points for me are the lack of Quicksave, the auto-save function not always in the best locations (as well as too far apart for my liking), auto-dialogue and actions in some cut-scenes, and the lack of dialogue by the team while on the Tempest (but part of this is that new stories are already grayed after the first time used, so partially my fault), I also do not like being restricted to 3 Quickslots per Profile, and the inclusion of more profanity. And again, the hair...

But I quite enjoy the exploration, and the majority of the quests; many of the latter offer surprises. Crafting is fun, but wish one could upgrade in a simpler fashion. I have lost track of time through coming up with tactics, weapon designs, Class build, etc. While I await to give a final score after a patch or two, I like ME:A almost as much as the original trilogy; have a placeholder score of 8/10 currently.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 131,587.49
Bank: 7,272.71
Wiki Edits: 17955
So far I have only had time to play the start, and it seemed a solid 8 for me that could have grown further. I'll get around to playing it all eventually, and hope that my final score is higher too. Thanks for the review Rubhen!
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Elhanan

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 1,802.00
I played the vast majority of the game on Insanity, but with the lack of Quicksave, I decided to avoid lengthy reloads by lowering the difficulty to Hardcore. There are several lengthy missions with only Auto-save to aid the Player, and those may come a wayyyyy down those missions. YMMV
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein