VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,474.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Bandai Namco has released new information and screenshots on From Software's Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City, the final expansion for the critically acclaimed game. Keep this page open and refresh as the day goes on to learn more. Obvious spoilers will be contained within. The big news is the confirmation of password matchmaking in the arena which can be seen in the following series of screens:
The password matchmaking in the arena allows for a variety of customizations. You can set a password to allow for matching with friendly team only and the enemy team is matched with another, or ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,087.50
Wiki Edits: 559
Friendly team is matched with own password, and enemy team is matched with another

Oh ****, what? Isn't this exactly how people were hoping it'd work in the first place?

Okay, I'm interested now.

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,884.00
Wiki Edits: 1
only 2 new arenas :not talking: I feel like there could be a lot more. They already have the environments built. Perscilla's old boss room in Ariandel, where we fight pyromancer Donnel would be awesome for 1v1 only matches. The lake in Irithyll could make for a cool arena with a few topographic additions. IDK, just seems like a missed opportunity to add easy content to extend game longevity.

@TSMP the PW matching is cool though
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 132,372.49
Bank: 7,345.71
Wiki Edits: 18020
TSMP wrote:
Friendly team is matched with own password, and enemy team is matched with another

Oh ****, what? Isn't this exactly how people were hoping it'd work in the first place?

Okay, I'm interested now.

I told you that if you knew what I knew :P
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Ilkram

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 621.50
Wiki Edits: 6
Grehym_Blak wrote:only 2 new arenas :not talking: I feel like there could be a lot more.

Only 2 new arenas revealed SO FAR, you mean.
Even a man who is pure in the heart, and speaks his prayer by night
May become the beast when the beast scourge looms and the paleblood moon is bright

Poprocky7

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,678.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 16
I swear if you can still heal with instant healing miracles I'm done, with all this room to go and explore, seems it more room to run away from dyeing. The only thing I see thats good out of this is the change to the password system.
"Your only as good as your last battle"
Shop Icon

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 19,726.50
Wiki Edits: 18
the password system is probably very interesting feature for the few players who play souls with friends but just a depletion of the already very tiny player pool for those like me who rely on random matching.

2 new arenas are good, although for dueling a good old bare platform would do just fine but for team matches, the intricacies of the dragon peak will certainly be a blast for a while to play hide and seek and drop (silvercat ring, slumbering dragon and obscuring ring meta?)

about healing...well...as long as PvE and PvP follow the same rules, there is nothing you can do against healers...even a half decent player can heal safely in plain sight as long as you got a wall to plug your back against to block a backstab punish, you are good to go.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,884.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Poprocky7 wrote:I swear if you can still heal with instant healing miracles I'm done, with all this room to go and explore, seems it more room to run away from dyeing. The only thing I see thats good out of this is the change to the password system.

This is why I miss the Rope Bridge BoB arena and would like a similar tight quarters map. That was pretty much the only arena I dueled in, because you couldn't use the environment to get away for a heal. It also gave you some easy wins for noobs that couldn't control their roll. Plus it was extremely advantageous for an aggressive play style, you pretty much had to bring the fight or "git wrekt". I loved it! Its why I love bringing ganks to the buttresses in the Aldrich Killing Fields, evens the odds a little bit.
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.