Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 129,300.49
Bank: 7,129.71
Wiki Edits: 17741
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Dark Souls 3 is releasing its final DLC: The Ringed City in March 28th, and the first gameplay footage of the upcoming DLC is now available for fans to scrutinize and theorycraft, much like we did with the announcement trailer.

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 8,706.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
That boss instantly made me think, Cleric Beast, Souls edition. I mean, even though it's a Flaming dragon bat, it really moves and attacks like The Flaming cleric Beast from the Old Hunters DLC. And what about that scream, eh.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 129,300.49
Bank: 7,129.71
Wiki Edits: 17741
I thought the same thing. But look at the screenshots in detail...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

announakis

Revived
Savior

Souls: 18,828.50
Wiki Edits: 18
the sound effects from bloodborne have been present all throughout DkS3 from day 1 really. And I have no problem with it as I really like those screams and high pitched sounds of the monstrers in BB.
I am excited by this boss as I found the invisible teleporting Friede utterly annoying and uninteresting to fight. At last a good old big bad boy to fight in a really big arena!
this reminds me more of the dragon of Shulva in DkS2 in this respect, which is still one of my favorite bosses in the series.
my YouTube channel

"They say luck is a woman. She's drawn to those who least deserve her."
Last argument of kings, Joe Abercrombie
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

Souls: 116.04
Wiki Edits: 459
Yeah, it's way more like a flaming Blood Starved Beast...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

Souls: 116.04
Wiki Edits: 459
Also, did anyone else notice the wave of energy/attach that started BEHIND and to the side of the bat demon? Who was chucking that at the PC?

It starts off screen to the lower right hand corner

EDIT: And the picture file being named "Dual Boss" is interesting as well
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 39,679.50
Wiki Edits: 538
EldritchImagination wrote:That boss instantly made me think, Cleric Beast, Souls edition. I mean, even though it's a Flaming dragon bat, it really moves and attacks like The Flaming cleric Beast from the Old Hunters DLC. And what about that scream, eh.

First thing in my mind was Flamelurker from Demon's Souls.

I'm more interested in the angel, really. And the random deep soul things. Looks like there's a whole lot of stuff going on in this DLC, not just snow and viking druids.

skarekrow13 wrote:Also, did anyone else notice the wave of energy/attach that started BEHIND and to the side of the bat demon? Who was chucking that at the PC?

It starts off screen to the lower right hand corner

He's got a shadow thing that's popping out of the ground every now and then to spit that spell at the player. I didn't see it do anything else, though.

Poprocky7

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,678.00
Wiki Edits: 16
I also notice that the boss had the same "laser" move as the pilgrim butterfly's in the Dragonslayer Armor boss fight. So could there be connections, such as "at worlds end"?
"Your only as good as your last battle"
Shop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

skarekrow13 wrote:

I thought I saw a similar creature behind the first one during the fight.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

TSMP wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:That boss instantly made me think, Cleric Beast, Souls edition. I mean, even though it's a Flaming dragon bat, it really moves and attacks like The Flaming cleric Beast from the Old Hunters DLC. And what about that scream, eh.

First thing in my mind was Flamelurker from Demon's Souls.

I'm more interested in the angel, really. And the random deep soul things. Looks like there's a whole lot of stuff going on in this DLC, not just snow and viking druids.

Yeah, he comes to mind as well.