Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Horizon Zero Dawn is Killzone developer Guerilla Games' first foray into the world of RPGs, but it's already generating some buzz within the gaming world and RPG genre. What it seems to captivate potential players with is its potential, of which is evident in every corner of gameplay and trailer footage. What is the sky for this action RPG, and what can it do for both the genre and gaming? Let's take a closer look at where this new franchise can go. Fans of the Monster Hunter series of games have long bemoaned the lack of a proper iteration of the ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Jbumi

Casual
Convict

Souls: 233.00
"...instead of seeing them as watered down games they can be segues to deeper future roleplaying experiences. Stepping out of their comfort zones is a risk, and the RPG genre is made all the better for it if other studios follow their leads." I completely agree. Studios new to making RPGs could have new & innovative ways of looking at the genre. GG, for example, have said you'll be able to create your own quests in Horizon so you can go after specific creatures that are carrying the exact items you want for crafting. Not only is this a great idea, but I can see this getting implemented in many future RPGs across the board.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
I really think that is its most overlooked element. When developers who are new to RPGs begin dipping their feet in the waters it adds depth to whatever concept they have. Who know where it will lead them. Maybe in 10 years we'll be touting Guerilla as the next Bethesda.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon