Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 133,699.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 24387
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

According to Kotaku, sources say that Microsoft and Platinum Games' Action RPG Scalebound is in development trouble and may be cancelled. The game was announced during E3 2014 and was tentatively slated for release in 2017 on Xbox One and PC. When reached for statement today, Microsoft had the following to say: We’ll have more to share on ‘Scalebound’ soon. Scalebound's concept is an action RPG that focuses on the relationship between the player character and their companion dragon. We put together a preview for the game and have it as one of our Top 20 RPGs for 2017. It is being directed ...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

qeter

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 162.00
Bank: 2,603.00
Wiki Edits: 4
scalebound? more like ... failbound.
intelligent discussion initialized users can now begin conversation if they so desire.

HazamaOuroborous

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 859.00
Bank: 4,377.00
Wiki Edits: 90
Aaaand officially cancelled: "After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound. We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences.”

Sauce: http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/01/09/m ... -cancelled
"Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good" - Martyr Logarius

I have a shiny youtube thingy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWBcU3fZAgxElrPxeoXgjg

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 35,815.00
Wiki Edits: 495
Kinda looks like Lair, but with more trees. Lair was one of those games that would've been great if it weren't for the horrid controls.

Imagine using the PS3 six-axis motion controls, except everything is backwards because you're trying to emulate reins with a controller that can't differentiate circular movement from linear movement.
Squirming with Insight.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 133,699.00
Wiki Edits: 24387
Article updated to confirm official Microsoft cancellation. We can cross our fingers and hope that maybe one day the concept will see a resurrection.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 126,937.49
Bank: 6,988.71
Wiki Edits: 17216
This sucks! I was looking forward to this one. Multiplayer co-op dragon battles sounded like a lot of fun. As E said, I hope there's a resurrection down the line.

Next I'll hear Deep Down is cancelled too... QQ
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 7,252.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Wow, that's disappointing. That would be like if Sony cancelled Horizon: Zero Dawn. Platinum games isn't doing so well either. First TMNT: MiM was a bomb, and now this.

Also, I actually liked Lair (controls were sh*t though).
I AM THE KING OF BASTARDS, LORD BOMBASTARD BACKSTABBINGTON JERKSHIRE ASSHOLSTEIN VON TROLLER THE THIRD

qeter

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 162.00
Bank: 2,603.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Fexelea wrote:This sucks! I was looking forward to this one. Multiplayer co-op dragon battles sounded like a lot of fun. As E said, I hope there's a resurrection down the line.

Next I'll hear Deep Down is cancelled too... QQ

you already know it in your heart.

Daos_Strange

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,856.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Fexelea wrote:Next I'll hear Deep Down is cancelled too... QQ

Why? Why would you say that?

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 21,866.50
Wiki Edits: 18
EldritchImagination wrote:Wow, that's disappointing. That would be like if Sony cancelled Horizon: Zero Dawn. Platinum games isn't doing so well either. First TMNT: MiM was a bomb, and now this.

Also, I actually liked Lair (controls were sh*t though).

Yeah, they (for whatever reason) seem to have 2 very distinctive qualities of game. They have your lower budget variable (but usually low) quality games like Legend of Korra, TMNT and Transformers, and they have super high quality stuff like Bayonetta, Mad World, MG:R and hopefully Nier
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush