Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.

skyandcosmos

Casual
Convict

Souls: 808.50
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Author's Note: This is a work of fan fiction, written to pay tribute to both the video game Bloodborne and the visionary author H.P. Lovecraft. I in no way seek financial gain from it, and the settings, concepts, and some of the characters within remain the intellectual property of From Software and Sony Entertainment. Prologue The terrifying light of the blood red moon bleeds through the gaps in the shutters and illuminates my parchment. My hand shakes uncontrollably as I write this, and the quill drips ink between the lines of dialogue as I attempt to put down this record, however sparse ...

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 67,978.50
This is great!

Very well written.

I LOVE LOVECRAFT.

Can't wait for future instalments!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
Love the atmosphere and writing. I'm always more than excited to get some fan fiction on the blog!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,431.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Nice man, keep up the good work.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

skyandcosmos

Casual
Convict

Thanks for the great comments! I felt that given his influence on the game, it would be an interesting experiment to create a Lovecraft pastiche, and a story with original elements in the world of Yharnam. I hope it paid off!

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

skyandcosmos wrote:Thanks for the great comments! I felt that given his influence on the game, it would be an interesting experiment to create a Lovecraft pastiche, and a story with original elements in the world of Yharnam. I hope it paid off!

Have you played the DLC?

uh...how do you put it in a spoiler tag?
Last edited by LostMyHeadache on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyandcosmos

Casual
Convict

YES! The fishing hamlet was pure "The Shadow over Innsmouth", and actually re-reading the story shed a lot of light on the lore of the game proper! Ergo, the local population's worship of, and also bio-symbiotic with Kos (I must point out that some say Kosm).

For my tale, the prime stylistic influences were Innsmouth and The Music of Eric Zann, you'll see why later in the tale ;-)

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

skyandcosmos wrote:YES! The fishing hamlet was pure "The Shadow over Innsmouth", and actually re-reading the story shed a lot of light on the lore of the game proper! Ergo, the local population's worship of, and also bio-symbiotic with Kos (I must point out that some say Kosm).

For my tale, the prime stylistic influences were Innsmouth and The Music of Eric Zann, you'll see why later in the tale ;-)

Phew!

I tried to put a spoiler tag on my last post as I realized too late I may have been telling you stuff you had not seen yet!

Back_like_Flint

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 730.00
Bank: 2,985.00
Wiki Edits: 19
This is really good! I may not be up-to-date on Bloodborne lore, but I'm really curious as to how these people ended up in Yharnam to begin with. Especially the main character, by the end I was wondering if the whole thing was just a dream, or was just the hunters dream a dream? What the hell is Yharnam to begin with.

skyandcosmos

Casual
Convict

Well, this story is an attempt to uncover what how an uninitiated foreigner might interpret Yharnam without knowledge of it's "meta" structure (Great Ones, etc), and discover a few horrific cosmic truths along the way... read on!