Santiers Spear

The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Re: Santiers Spear

Postby ToLazy4Name » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:47 pm

IgnusKnavery wrote:How effective would it really be if you were SL150? A mundane build at that level is like 16.5. You'd have to be insanely high for it to really be effective I would think.

I'm using it right now and it works fine.

Volus Spectre, VoS Co-Founder, and Dark Souls PvP fanatic

PSN = SWORDSRULE/TheClothMonster

PC Username = ToLazy4Name
ToLazy4Name
Hollowed
Hollowed

Souls: 7,913.50

Postby Seignar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Well, the whole point of the Santier's Spear is its moveset. It has low damage for that reason. You are not going to get off any decent damage off this thing if you don't spam that 2H R1. Every other move it has deals horrible damage.

I don't get why you call this weapon stupid, it is incredibly unique, being a weapon that sacrifices damage in favor of versatility and practical moveset. The 2H running attack is hardly overpowered in comparison to Halberds due to the negligible damage compared to Stamina Usage (Seriously, the running attack is only useful for aiming for the kill).

Seignar
Insomniac
Insomniac

Souls: 1,524.00
Bank: 0.00

Postby Arruke » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:52 pm

IgnusKnavery wrote:How effective would it really be if you were SL150? A mundane build at that level is like 16.5. You'd have to be insanely high for it to really be effective I would think.

At lvl 126 you can hit 20 in all stats which makes the modifier +205 I believe, which leaves room for a dump stat. Unless you started explorer, I think he's like 2 levels inefficient, every other class can hit 20 in all stats at 126.

Arruke
Obsessed
Obsessed

Souls: 1,071.00

Postby Dregnautt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:21 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:what a truly weird weapon lol but I've fought it a bunch in the arena and its damage is quite literally a joke if you wear armor. It's great at punishing quick dodgers though I guess o-o

umm i was wear full havel and got murdered. Its like if u get hit with that first hit its over. And they stun me on the first or second hit somehow.

ive never run into a mundane user either. Its always lightning..... bastards lol.

and as for those who thinks its not much damage and not OP.... youve never run into the right person with one or you just dont know how to make it powerful urself PERIOD.

i literally die WELL before the full combo/stanima bar is done. Like i die and they r still swinging at my corpse for quiet sometime after my death.

Dregnautt
Addicted
Addicted

Souls: 135.00
Bank: 739.00

Postby ToLazy4Name » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Dregnautt wrote:
XuitusTheGreat wrote:what a truly weird weapon lol but I've fought it a bunch in the arena and its damage is quite literally a joke if you wear armor. It's great at punishing quick dodgers though I guess o-o

umm i was wear full havel and got murdered. Its like if u get hit with that first hit its over. And they stun me on the first or second hit somehow.

ive never run into a mundane user either. Its always lightning..... bastards lol.

and as for those who thinks its not much damage and not OP.... youve never run into the right person with one or you just dont know how to make it powerful urself PERIOD.

i literally die WELL before the full combo/stanima bar is done. Like i die and they r still swinging at my corpse for quiet sometime after my death.

Any lightning weapon buffed with Sunlight Blade tears stuff up.

A mundane build Santier's Spear will do very, VERY little damage against someone with a maxed set of Havels. For example, I just got done fighting someone like that a few minutes ago, and I was doing 160 damage on a BACKSTAB.

Volus Spectre, VoS Co-Founder, and Dark Souls PvP fanatic

PSN = SWORDSRULE/TheClothMonster

PC Username = ToLazy4Name
ToLazy4Name
Hollowed
Hollowed

Souls: 7,913.50

Postby BWO_RazrSrorm » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Probably the last thing that should be complained about in DS2. It's a late game weapon that requires quite a bit of work to make good. Not to mention it requires a very spasific build in order to make the best of it. Even then there are plenty of weapon combos that do much better then it.

It's strength is it's variety and that's it. Seriously why complain about this when you have people running dark/resonant weapon on a washing poll that 2/3 hit with phantom range? I think you are probably just a little frustrated and needed to vent.

A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.
BWO_RazrSrorm
Insomniac
Insomniac

Souls: 5,889.00

Postby Dregnautt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

BWO RazrSrorm wrote:Probably the last thing that should be complained about in DS2. It's a late game weapon that requires quite a bit of work to make good. Not to mention it requires a very spasific build in order to make the best of it. Even then there are plenty of weapon combos that do much better then it.

It's strength is it's variety and that's it. Seriously why complain about this when you have people running dark/resonant weapon on a washing poll that 2/3 hit with phantom range? I think you are probably just a little frustrated and needed to vent.

yes i am frustrated im not gunna beat around the bush lmao. But it does NOT take a specific build lol.

Any sunbro can lightning infuse and buff..... and there are infact PLENTY sunbros xD

Dregnautt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BWO_RazrSrorm » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Dregnautt wrote:
BWO RazrSrorm wrote:Probably the last thing that should be complained about in DS2. It's a late game weapon that requires quite a bit of work to make good. Not to mention it requires a very spasific build in order to make the best of it. Even then there are plenty of weapon combos that do much better then it.

yes i am frustrated im not gunna beat around the bush lmao. But it does NOT take a specific build lol.

Any sunbro can lightning infuse and buff..... and there are infact PLENTY sunbros xD

The best build for the saintiers spear is a mundane build. You could infuse any weapon with lightning and buff with SLB. This was already pointed out to you so i don't even know why you bring it up. Not every weapon can do well as a mundane. Considering this weapon scales with nothing and already starts with poor damage the only 2 things it's meant for is raw or mundane and raw pales in comparison to mundane.

There are far better weapons for SLB and lightning infusion. Just because this combo works doesn't mean it's the right one.

A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.
BWO_RazrSrorm
Insomniac
Insomniac

Souls: 5,889.00

Postby Dregnautt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Previous post -
"Any lightning weapon buffed with Sunlight Blade tears stuff up.

A mundane build Santier's Spear will do very, VERY little damage against someone with a maxed set of Havels. For example, I just got done fighting someone like that a few minutes ago, and I was doing 160 damage on a BACKSTAB."

@BWO RazrSrorm

Dregnautt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Rynn » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:34 pm

ToLazy4Name wrote:A mundane build Santier's Spear will do very, VERY little damage against someone with a maxed set of Havels.

And that's exactly why the mundane upgrade path sucks :P Physical defense really beats you up if you're using slash damage. The only things that can get away with it in the meta is lances and clubs, due to their damage impacting high armor pretty well anyway.

I can't decide; whether you should live or die.
Rynn
Chosen Undead
Chosen Undead

Souls: 6,413.38

PreviousNext

Return to Dark Souls II General Discussion