Anything without a home!

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,837.50
Bank: 0.00
Either extra long and tight boxer shorts, or extremely baggy boxers so I can feel the winds breeze bless my holy bells.

There is no acceptable middle ground for me here.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,961.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I personally like going commando, makes me feel free, powerful, unrestrained by society. Shame the neighbors don't see it that way.

If I must where undergarments however, boxers all the way, preferably a little loose though not too much. I also like the needless colors they come in. Got a nice selection of checkered boxers in a variety of colors from hot red and black to snow white with sky blue.

also, just 105% Crash 3. Those last gems where beyond reason for the devs to assume you'd get them without already knowing how. You have to literally let yourself get killed by a specific enemy in a bonus level with absolutely no difference from the rest. There is no way in hell anyone would figure that out by themselves without just stumbling upon it.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 61.00
Bank: 4,171.00
Wiki Edits: 5
EldritchImagination wrote:I personally like going commando, makes me feel free, powerful, unrestrained by society. Shame the neighbors don't see it that way.

If I must where undergarments however, boxers all the way, preferably a little loose though not too much. I also like the needless colors they come in. Got a nice selection of checkered boxers in a variety of colors from hot red and black to snow white with sky blue.

also, just 105% Crash 3. Those last gems where beyond reason for the devs to assume you'd get them without already knowing how. You have to literally let yourself get killed by a specific enemy in a bonus level with absolutely no difference from the rest. There is no way in hell anyone would figure that out by themselves without just stumbling upon it.

boxers are just shorts.

crap secrets are just a way of expanding the games life time.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

qeter wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:I personally like going commando, makes me feel free, powerful, unrestrained by society. Shame the neighbors don't see it that way.

boxers are just shorts.

crap secrets are just a way of expanding the games life time.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't for the fact that you need all the gems to get the real ending to the game. In the first game, all getting the gems did was get a bonus, non-canon ending (plus getting all the gems was more straightforward), so it was fine, but in 2 & 3, you need ALL the gems to actually finish the game and beat Neo Cortex and get the canon ending. That alone is annoying, but the fact that they added a bunch of overly secretive means to acquire the gems makes me wonder what they were thinking.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

So after a few monthes without playing a single Souls game, I decided to start a level 1 run in Dark Souls 3. Not too hard honestly, at least not much harder than regular Dark Souls. Mostly just die from ganking from enemies. Beat Farron Legion in two tries, and haven't broke my controller, which is better than I can say for Crash Bandicoot.

The one big problem is, it's kind of boring. No leveling takes most of the RP out of the G. Very limited gear selection, and no character building. Been using a broadsword since I found it, and mostly just use the basic R1 and R2.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,214.00
That's probably went I never bothered with a level 1 run. No fun armor or weapons or spells, just what you can access with base stats. Boring.

I made a pinhole viewer this morning for the eclipse later. Michigan should be getting about 80-90% coverage, somewhere around 215.

Wife thinks I'm crazy for being excited about the eclipse, but at least I didn't reserve a hotel under the path of totality. It's not every day you personally get to experience a solar eclipse, after all.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,974.50
Wiki Edits: 561
EldritchImagination wrote:So after a few monthes without playing a single Souls game, I decided to start a level 1 run in Dark Souls 3. Not too hard honestly, at least not much harder than regular Dark Souls. Mostly just die from ganking from enemies. Beat Farron Legion in two tries, and haven't broke my controller, which is better than I can say for Crash Bandicoot.

The one big problem is, it's kind of boring. No leveling takes most of the RP out of the G. Very limited gear selection, and no character building. Been using a broadsword since I found it, and mostly just use the basic R1 and R2.

If you want an SL1 run to be any fun, you need to go all out with it. Kill the Dancer ASAP so you can loot the castle (upgrade your weapon with all the chunks unless you want to keep that low, too), then fight your way past Gundyr. At the end of it all, you should have the Knight Ring, Priestess Ring, Prisoner's Chain, a bunch of chunks and a slab, and a few new armor options to choose from. Going forward from that, you'll want to pick up the Dusk Crown Ring so you can afford to cast spells, the Deep Ring and Saint's Ring for extra slots, then with the Priestess Ring you can cast everything up to 10int and 15fth. You won't be able to get the Hunter Ring or Scholar Ring until endgame, but that'll expand your options by quite a bit.

It's odd to say, but Dark Souls 2 was probably the best for SL1 runs. Lots and lots of stat-boosting gear, ways to reduce the int/fth cost of spells, casting mechanics were more favorable to low-level characters, all that stuff.

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 61.00
Bank: 4,171.00
Wiki Edits: 5
an eclipse huh? interesting....

there are only a few weapons that a sl 1 character cant use in dark souls 2 due to rings and two handing.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

We used a welding mask to look at it. Didn't get to see much on account of overcast (perfect timing mother nature), but we did manage to get a glimpse. One news woman actually burst out crying on TV when she saw it.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Welp, I got bored and decided to quit the level 1 run. After Wolnir, I just wasn't feeling it. I just don't share the passion challenge runners have to play the game in such a way. Of course, the fact that I do find Dark Souls 3 kind of boring in general doesn't help either. Not that it wasn't fun at first, buuut that wore away quickly.