Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

To those of you assuming that this ring has any relation to Bloodborne, need I remind you that Dark Souls did have hunters before Bloodborne. Forest hunters anyone? According to Pharis' hat it became sort of a hat design. So given that these hunters act as assassin's rather than bloodthirsty berserkers, I think it's safe to say it's not even a easter egg, much less a reference.
There is evidence that you are the third black hand. Look for it on youtube but here is the sort of it., each lord has some one sent to kill them or someone hunting them. The Abyss Watchers had Hawkwood who bailed, Anir and Horace for Aldrich, and Siegfried for Yhorm. However that leaves the last lord with no one after him but you. The lady in lotheric church talks to you like she knew you and lied to you about there being no lords of cinder here and sends you the opposite way of your lord. So its not bloodborne its you, this isn't all of it but as I said look on youtube for the rest.
1) Emma doesn't mention anywhere that she had lied to you. When you're teleported, she simply says "Prince Lothric is in your hands. Please save his soul. Tell him what he must be... a Lord."

2) Hawkwood didn't "bail" on the Abyss Watchers, he was kicked out for using a shield. "Shield that belonged to Hawkwood, a deserter from the Undead Legion. The unique swordsmanship of the Watchers does not normally allow for the use of shield. The unique swordsmanship of the Watchers would no allow such a shield, and Hawkwood's very possession of it was telltale of his defeat."
3) You are not the third Black Hand, you are unkindled, you one of the many "nameless accursed undead" who rose to light the flame when the Lords of Cinders wouldn't, and you see embers to do so. "Only in truth the lords will abandon their thrones and the unkindled will rise. Nameless accursed undead, unfit even to be cinder. And so it is, that ash seeketh embers."
This is clearly NOT a Bloodborne reference, these hunters are just assassins. The only Bloodborne references in this game are the crucifixed dudes in Farron who became beasts due to the wolf's blood and Leonhard, just because he wears a tricorn and calls you a beast.

Y'all need to stop making***** up, take a bath.