Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I don't know if this is a glitch or not but i found a way to stop him from going phase 2. I was fighting him with two summons and when he went down on his knee to enter stage 2 we just kept attacking him and we managed to stagger him out of it before he slammed his axe on the ground and while Stage 2 did happen with the butterflies attacking us he was stuck in stage 1
You said his left, that is wrong, you have to dodge to his right to avoid his sweep attack
You can bait the miniboss in the DLC to follow you to the Ringed City Streets bonfire shortcut (past the Ringed Knights and before Shared Grave). He will get stuck at the door and you can finish him off there without taking much damage.
Don't bother to cosplay him. He is a str/fth hybrid build, needs a lot of vitality and the final nail in the coffin is the moveset of the axe that will make you an easy victim in pvp. Would be a different story if we would get bonus stats for wearing the complete set + weapons like it is in Diablo 2 for example...
I find it to be a really fun combination. here's the trick: use your greatshield! instead of making a -70% load build make a -100% load build and upgrade your shield for max stability.
Cause a paradox by using the arendel route to the ringed city, beating him then wear the armour to kill his boss version. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
He becomes your b_tch when you get the Dragonslayer's Greatshield, and a decent frost weapon or anti-abyss weapon. :) -Mikko