Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Know where to farm this?
It's a rare drop from pontiff knights so just farm the 3 up the stairs from the 2nd bonfire in irithyll
I remembered this page as soon as it happened: I got one from an irithyll slave with a glowing sword. Not sure why that dropped it. I saw it go down, saw the cloud of item-y goodness, nabbed that shyte, and it was a blood gem and titanite shard.
Wot.
Church Of Yorshka Bonfire,go outside in the small garden and farm the two hidden ghosts there.
Put on Crystal Sage Rapier,Simbol of Avarice,Covetus Gold ring+xxx and the coin---> got in 2 mintues .
ariandel church from the fly...people...things I think
This gem is crap. On weapons with already high bleed the increase is negligible and it prevents other buffs. Much Better to go with hollow and the carthus resin that increases bleed. (And a high luck stat)
The gem works great on weapons that done have bleed or weapons that have poison. Luck builds dont have to only use weapons with natural bleed. This gem makes sure of that ;)
Just got buffed with patch 1.11. Now rouge isn't as good and bleed stone procs bleed more. So now it's hollow for pure physical damage, bleed for aggressive bleeding
I'm making a bleed build that uses both claws and manikin claws, one in each hand, so I can swap weapon arts as needed and parry as well. I just 2 hand whichever is better at tthe moment. Because of constant and rapid switching, do u think using hollow gem and carthus buff would bad? I'm determining whether to use hollow gem or blood gem.
Yeah. The resins are a bit over rated. They boost damage or effect but the opponent can see what you applied and adjust accordingly. Then you will be changing your style to account for the resin's timer. If you are intending to swap a lot dont use resins.
I'm using a car this curved sword +10 and I want to get high bleed should I infuse or just use resin
Just use resin. Gives added bleed damage without taking away physical damage.
This gem is now amazing as well as the poison gem. Someone should add the location of the gem in the DLC. The painted world, beneath the chapel on the lowest level with the giant flies, it's in the middle of the room
My man!

Nikushimi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 932.00
So, I have a question, and it may sound silly to some or obvious to others, but does the Luck stat do anything for this gem or that of the poison gems?

I ask cause it's the first time I am using a build centered around bleeding (though after the recent patch I hear bleeding got nerfed? idk) and so I don't know much about the status gems. I know that Luck is supposed to help increase the build up for Bleeding and Poison, but how much exactly does Luck increase it by?

I have Luck on my character because I foolishly thought that Anri's Straight Sword had Bleed on it (I mistook the critical symbol for bleed...oops) and since I hear that bleed has been nerfed in terms of Carthus Rouge and Hollow, and you can't make Anri's sword blood...that kinda screws up my plans a bit.

So now I'm using Warden Twinblades currently (which I hear also sorta fell off being good? but they're the only ones that really go/feel right for my build) and I haven't really noticed any huge leaps and bounds with the bleed aux with my Luck stat nor have I really noticed myself bleeding any enemies or npc phantoms or anything. But I then made them poison (took a bit of a hit to my damage, but RIP. My damage was***** already anyways) and I poison faster than I bleed people. Unless the damage is SO SMALL on the bleed that it doesn't even matter...either that or enemies bleed meters run out a hell of a lot faster than ours. :|

Anyways, if anyone could answer if Luck is worth it or if I should completely respec elsewhere that'd be great. Thanks.
murky scythe works great with the bleed gem, more so on a luck build. the lothric war banner also gets good amount with bleed infused so if you like to be a co-op support that can work too. in pve the banner can usually bleed in 2 pokes
Bleed is actually quite effective on a luck build, particularly if you're using daggers/claws/dual weapons. However, some enemies/bosses are notably resistant, or even immune.
Think about the weapons that already do bleed damage and what will be your secondary stats. So if you level, besides luck, str alone you can use the reenforce mace of the evangelist weapon. Of you like dex alone try the katanas. If you like wuality you got a large selection but the carthus weapons.
Does anyone have information on how luck affects blood infusions post Ringed City?
All I can say that there appears to be a softcap at 50 Luck, at least for Onikiri and Ubadachi and the Warden Twinblades. Up to 50 Luck I had a gain of 1 Bleed for each 1 to 3 points of Luck.
Still useless in pvp compared to sharp, heavy or refined infusions as it basically cuts your weapons damage in half. Bleed also still has the issue of not dealing any damage half the time when it does proc due to rolls cancelling damage for some stupid reason.
sad but true especially the "phantom procs" so dumb it resets the bleed T_T
my carthus greatsword gets 104 bleed at 50 luck and i proc bleed in 3 hits on light armored people in pvp
Will a blood gem infusion on a shield in my off hand benefit my right hand weapon?
No
Wether you want to use infusion vs buff is a simple matter of your playstyle. If you intend to swap weapons a lot then dont use the rouge since you will limit yourself. Otherwise if you intend to use a main weapn only by all means use the buff :)