Organize fightclubs, discuss tactics!

ErebusGaming

Souls: 152.00
The Farron GreatSword is possibly the best weapon in the game right now in regards to the most recent weapons buffing/debuffing.

They have increased its scaling and with the correct stats (SL 120 for pvp) you can easily do 475-600 (armor dependant) per swing.

From extensive testing against the "hyper armors" in the game the weapon can stagger nearly all opponents if you land the weapon art correctly. Meaning that the offhand dagger that the weapon comes with makes contact with anything it will stagger and give you a free 800-1200 damage combo against your opponent.

This weapon is also a gank spanking machine, while using the weapon art there seems to be a few invincibility frames available (do not know if that is new or has been there all along and I am just noticing it now) and this can prevent flanking from the ganks. Also, this weapon can hit in about 340 degrees around the character with the left *** check being the only blind spot in the weapon art.

The only real enemy of this weapon are spears and other Farron GreatSword users.

The best possible weapon to use against this weapon is the Bident (buffed with anything really).

Remember folks, if you aint spinning, you aint winning.

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,523.50
p-p-p-p-arry
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)

ErebusGaming

Souls: 152.00
The day someone parry's that is the day i stop using it, currently camping outside of Pontiff (SL 120) and my record right now is 32 straight kills with this beautiful bastard and trust me there are the people who believe themselves to be Parry Kings. They give me free damage on them, like seriously even with the damage reduction from the "missed parry" they still get chunked for 800. This might save them for that combo, but the next "parry" they try will be their death.

Also you cannot parry when the weapon has a guaranteed stagger against almost all armor types, really the only way to not catch that stagger is to be in a constant block, but it hits you so many times it will just open you up to be riposted. (aka you get your stamina depleted and your block breaks)
Hey mom! Look how good I am! Just helicoptering people, smashing L2, and they die! I am such a great player!

Seriously I hate this but now I learnt how to fight it, it is not that scary and powerful.
Last edited by mothereternity on Sat May 20, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited to comply with forum guidelines
If you have a decent greatshield (using Artorias' myself) and 25+ stamina you can laugh off the Farron GS' weapon art. It still takes off a good chunk of that green bar, don't get me wrong, and you will get riposted if you're just blocking carelessly, but it's good bait for luring out someone that's spinning around like it's going out of style

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 19,726.50
Wiki Edits: 18
15942905 ErebusGaming wrote:From extensive testing against the "hyper armors" in the game the weapon can stagger nearly all opponents if you land the weapon art correctly. Meaning that the offhand dagger that the weapon comes with makes contact with anything it will stagger and give you a free 800-1200 damage combo against your opponent.

the dagger makes 9.1 poise damage, the sword follow up does 31...meaning pretty much anything with hyper armor and 20 poise can actually poise though the first L1 easily...a 2 handed ultraGS will stop you dead, a stance weapon art R2 GS will obliterate you.

this weapon has always been very decent in good hands....the real power of it being unfortunately latency: the timing is odd enough that if there is bad latency between players, parrying it is really hard. But in circumstances were latency is good and consistent, this weapon is a very funny parry magnet.
in situations were parry proves difficult, you also have the possibility to very easily poise through it to disturb it as I explained earlier.

@ErebusGaming you might wanna consider the fact that you lag a bit too much if nobody ever manages to parry you or even poise through those very weak attacks...
that or you are indeed a very good player excelling at confusing, baiting and ravioli stepping. That being said, I would bet all good stopped playing the game and the remaining lot are a mix of a few die hard with lots of noobs. Most of the diehards would be more consistently found in the arena...

in any case, bragging about your deeds without any evidence of it will not attract much sympathy around those parts. Actually, even if you post compelling evidence of your superior players skills, bragging will probably still not make you many friends here, just so you know
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!