be unleashed as a wave of moonlight.
"Grandfather of sorcery" and "Moonlight"

Tin Darkmoon Catalyst
Catalyst born from the soul of the Dark Sun
Gwyndolin, Darkmoon deity who watches over
the abandoned city of Gods, Anor Londo.
Gwyndolin is Gwyn's lastborn and a legitimate
god, but he is also a Moon sorcerer, and this
wand is boosted by faith, not intelligence.

"Gwyndolin is Gwyn's lastborn and a legitimate god, but he is also a Moon sorcerer,"

Gwyndolin is a Moon sorcerer
Seath is the grandfather of sorcery that is based on moonlight

Who was Gwyndolin's mother?
There is no way it could be Yorshka, but depending on who Gwyndolin's mother was it could be possible for Gwyndolin to have a younger sister who is not a god and could perhaps be a crossbreed.

One might point out that Yorshka herself claims to Gwyn to be her father but I would like to point out a line in the description for the Darkmoon Blade:
"Captain Yorshka recites only for the sake of remembering her brother, with out knowledge of its meaning."
This would imply that she doesn't exactly know what she is talking about and that she is repeating things that she heard Gwyndolin say.

One last thing on Gwyndolin's parentage: Its a bit strange that Gwyndolin has snakes for legs, but what if they were not snakes and were serpents?
A "serpent is an imperfect dragon"

Nuuskis

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 177.00
Wiki Edits: 14
I want to point out some things wrong with this theory. Animals referred as serpents are usually some kind of snakes so saying Gwyndolin's legs might be serpents and not snakes is kind of contradictory. Also "A serpent is an imperfect dragon" meaning they're NOT dragons. To me it seems you're implying Gwyndolin is a dragon crossbreed but your points that made you think that points to the opposite (Gwyndolin isn't dragon crossbreed, snake crossbreed maybe). You also left part of the darkmoon blade's description out which changes the whole meaning: "Miracles of the Darkmoon are tales of revenge, but Captain Yorshka recites only for the sake of remembering her brother, with out knowledge of its meaning." The lack of knowledge refers to the miracle and makes your second to last point meaningless. And comparing Gwyndolin's lines to Yorshka's when joining blades of the darkmoon is almost identical so it's propably just a vow and Yorshka isn't refering to Gwyn as her father. Do note that this doesn't rule out that Yorshka and Gwyndolin are propably siblings.

AllslayerAli

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Nuuskis is right. And I am pretty sure she also isn't a crossbreed. Like Oceiros, she was once "human" but is going mad and turning into a dragon. She's been sitting there in the tower for Gwyn knows how long and has done absolutely nothing but wonder if her brother is okay. Such an obsession is why Oceiros turned into a dragon: an obsession over a dear loved one.

Nuuskis

Addicted
First Warden

She is a crossbreed no doubt and she doesn't seem to be mad so I don't think that is the case. Reason Oceiros went mad is all the knowledge in the grand archives, most of which propably was gotten from the Duke's archives. There Seath and Logan went mad by the same knowledge before him. Him turning into dragon is propably result of some weird experiments to create the perfect heir.
Yorshka isn't appearing in my game. Did I screw up everything by skipping Sirri's quest in order to do the rosaria one? :(
Sirris' questline (or anyone else's for that matter) shouldn't affect Yorshka or player's interaction with her. Try reloading the area again. Maybe game just didn't load her for some reason.
No Yorshka should always be there, you just wouldn't be able to join the covenant if you didn't get the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture from Sirris.
She should eat a little...maybe the nutrients would make her fluffly like Priscilla.
After handing over 30 ears, she also says "... I would speak to my brother of this, one day, of the shining new hope that joined our dear company. I speak of thee, of course. (*laugh*)"

Thanks, I would hope so (If only I could save him ;_; )
;_; the feels.

Jorg-Ancrath

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
I believe Yorshka and the painting woman (Aria for brevity) are both daughters of Aria's mysterious Mother; a woman who gives birth to these crossbreed sisters but leaves them nameless. This same Mother seems to be a oracle based on the theory Aria, the friendly Corvian, and Father Ariandel are quoting her prophecies in some of their dialogues (Aria undoubtedly). Sadly for some reason she leaves her children nameless and abandoned, as Gwyndolin gives Yorshka her name and Aria... forever nameless is left in the care of an ancient undead. What kind of prophetical Mother would do such a thing? Perhaps a furtive one, remaining hidden from the world but still imposing her will through prophecy, undead servants, and her children. A Mother of the Forlorn... "Thou who art Undead art Chosen..."

Jorg-Ancrath

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Please note this is theory and speculation, feel free to critique.

Nuuskis

Addicted
First Warden

As painter girl and Yorshka are the only living crossbreeds in the world it is indeed logical to
conclude that they're most propably related and at least based on their looks they could be sisters. As for their mother (of course assuming they really are sisters) there is zero evidence to claim that she has made those prophecies as we don't know when they were first told or when the mother lived and we have nothing to connect the two. She might have been a forshipped figure, possibly "the mother of forlorn" even, but I don't think she saw those prophecies. As for why she didn't name the sisters, I think Yorshka, which is clearly the older of the two, was taken away by Sulyvahn before she was named. Only possible reason why painter girl isn't named (that I could come up with at least) is that she died giving birth to her. That would also explain why we don't meet her and why painter girl doesn't talk about her as there is no way for her to remember anything about her.
Interesting but after the friede fight behind the dreg heap bonfire is a corpse and it looks similar to the painter girl. Might be her mother

Nuuskis

Addicted
First Warden

I don't think it is a corpse, looks like a statue with snake-ish (propably dragon) skin on it to me. It could depict her mother but there isn't a way to prove it as far as I know.
I'm sticking with the simple head canon that Priscilla = Older Yorshka, Daughter of Nameless; Cause for being expunged.

Gwyndolin is actually her Uncle, but since Nameless was completely expunged from the annuls of time (due to having the would be heir of sunlight produce a half dragon daughter) Gwyndolin cares for her as if she was his sister.

Following Tradition European Matriarchal rules, The First Born male inherited the Throne. If no males are produced, the First Born's Daughter takes the throne. Obviously having the would be heir of sunlight fall to a Half-Dragon didn't sit well with Gwyn. But because she (The Bastard Daughter of Nameless) is of royal blood, she was first hidden away in the painting, then torn out when Aldritch / Pontiff learned about her presence.

As for her name, she(Crossbreed Priscilla) was always referred to as "mistress of the painted world", probably never named officially by her family until Gwyndolin did.

Also note Yorshka's resemblance to her Aunt Fillanore (size, clothing, head attire, etc). And Bonus: " [her ] power called Life-Hunt, an ability only she can wield, and she is said to be so powerful that the gods feared her, presumably the reason for her exile." Seems pretty fitting for the Daughter of a War God and a Dragon.

Nuuskis

Addicted
First Warden

I really would like to know what made you think that Priscilla is Yorshka. Priscilla was around back when Gwyn was alive and DS3 happens hundreds, possibly thousands, of years later. Also Priscilla and Yorshka don't look very much alike. And there is the size difference. Otherwise good points and pretty possible theory. Also, just nitpicking, the lifehunt isn't only usable by Priscilla as we can read from her weapon's description: "Scythe born from the soul of Priscilla, the stark white crossbreed trapped inside the Painted World of Ariamis. Even the Gods feared Priscilla's lifehunt ability, and in the hands of a mortal, its power will turn upon its wielder." -Lifehunt Scythe, DS1
The nameless needs to stop porking dragons
"The only knight of our company"
Poor Sirris is so bad not even Yorshka considers her a knight :P
The truth is she calls them as she would those in an order. One with religious beliefs. Father, leader of the covenant, brother and sister = fellow followers of the covenant. She isn't stating any relations to them by blood. Seriously? This is knights magic and dragons. Not a tragic family drama.
Well, it is that too. ;)

Gwyn obviously based on king Lear.

shipseee

Souls: 225.00
Wiki Edits: 35
I agree with this for every family member except Gwyndolin. She specifically calls him her elder brother. As for the others, she's simply reciting Gwyndolin's original dialogue when she mentions "father Gwyn" and "sister Gwynevere", as if it's tradition.
Not as fluffy a tail as Priscilla so pass