Discuss the game as well as comments posted to our The Surge Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I see this is pretty empty sooo...
Medi-Voltaic injections with high energy builds work really well throughout the game, currently using the Spitfire Rod and Voltaic Dynamo v.2 and almost always build enough energy to execute and heal in the same fight. I've noticed this works extremely well against robotic enemies since you can still get full energy from hitting their armored areas.
Scarab armor with 3/4 health boosters combos nicely with agression amplifiers, I'm netting just over 70 HP per execute in my test build right now (can't test with both, game ate my mk1 randomly).
Lynx armor + slow weapons do VERY well, so long as you can dodge properly and keep your HP up. The small speed increase is just enough to stun-lock most mobs in the game before they can even get a hit off. Used this combo with PAX's weapon for the first 3 areas of the game and had minimal issues, only had problems with guards tbh.
Proteus armor works pretty well with slow weapons; the high armor/stability and bonus healing help to counteract the slow swing speeds as well as provide a cleaner trade-off to keep tanking hits while extending your combos.
Gorgon set stamina regen is fairly overpowered, and as such benefits hit-and-run tactics to an extreme degree. It's like wearing 3 grass crest shields whilst hooked up to an I.V of green blossoms.
Bonus: Ancillary power cores affect the output of health/stamina/energy modifiers, so it is worth noting for those who can't quite get enough core power to make use of those specific implants.
The Black Cerberus set is actually really good with a high energy build (increased damage when near high energy) along with some Mark 4 health and stamina increase implants allow you to hit hard, take alot of damage and move around rather fast. (I am however on NG++ and using this gear halfway through the game though...
https://imgur.com/a/LcuPA

Butterfly: Highly mobile with medium impact build.
It can be hard for new players to acquire the Gorgon parts from the various non-respawning Security Guards, so this is the build I used in early game before I managed to farm the Gorgon armor:

Head: Scarab
-Reasoning: Gives good Defense and Stability without forcing a negative modifier to Armored or Unarmored Damage

Torso: Lynx
-Reasoning: The Stamina Cost Reduction is invaluable for Attacking and Dodging.

Left Arm: Lynx
-Reasoning: The Attack Speed Bonus is a necessity as it'll allow you to beat the crap out of most enemies before they can hit you. It's a small window to stagger them and you need that speed if you want to hit it.

Right Arm: Scarab OR Rhino
-Reasoning: Impact Bonus allows for easier staggering and the attack speed penalty is offset by the other arm. They've both got good stability and defense.

Legs: Lynx
-Reasoning: Stamina Cost Reduction for Dodging.

Weapon: PAX Imperator
-Reasoning: This is hands-down one of the best weapons in the game and can carry you through the majority of it. High Impact and Damage, but it's also got a 70% Energy Gain, which is incredibly useful for building up energy for finishers.

Implants: There are two Implants that are absolutely essential for survival
-Aggression Amplifier: Health Regen on Finishers. Keeps your health up without forcing you to use up your Vital Injections. Stacking 2 v1s will have you regenerate 20% of your health on every finisher.
-Voltaic Dynamo: Increases Energy Gain which allows you to pull off Finishers in fewer hits.
or go lynx legs rhino arms with the twin rigs butterflies for medium impact and crazy attack speed (2 hits and I stun almost anything unarmored and 4 hits for armor) I went with the lynx chest and whatever helmet looked cool to me. Ends up medium balance and impact for stunning.
When i farm the mg gorgon armour set, i only use the scarab full set and using weapon that i acquired from defeating the firebug boss in second area (i forgot the weapons name, but it look like butterfly weapon with fire element, i think).

You can easily cut the limb of mg gorgon if you use combo like RT, RT, RB, or RB, RB, RT (for xbox scheme gamepad). R1, R1, R2, or R2, R2, R1 (for ps4 scheme gamepad). But i suggest use the RT, RT, RB/R2,R2,R1 continuously. When you success perform the combo, it will blazing up fire from the weapon and increase the energy bar so fast so you can cut mg gorgons limb.

For additional information, i farm mg gorgon sets in near drone registration in early second area near the train station. Mg gorgon and spider-like robotic things will be spawn there if you reboot the CREO system in third area in greenhouse building, i think.
Alright, I'll contribute my build too. Will try to keep the format too.

Safe implant build

Works well and will let you have lots of health, healing items and more.
-IRONMAUS Set / LYNX Set for early game
-P.A.X Imperator (preferably the v2.0)
-Medi-Voltaic Injection implant
-Voltaic Dynamo implant
This build features a low energy use on the armor so you can have lots of implants. Also, the high energy generating weapon, coupled with Voltaic Dynamos will let you build energy really fast, enough to have nearly infinite health when paired with Medi-Voltaic Injections. Using a second or even third weapon is also viable.
When having spare energy, which will be common, you should have Vital Injections(to be extra safe and prevent surprises), Vital Boosts and any other implants you like. I personally use Reclamation Buddy to get more tech scrap and get overleveled.
You should start battle with a sprint attack, then combo as you would normally. Or mash horizontal. That works too. If you attack real fast after dodging forwards, you should do a sprint attack even though you didn't sprint at all; this conserves stamina and could be the difference between another attack.
Do NOT use a finisher if you need health. It will consume about half your energy. That energy should be used to heal you if needed.

In the early game, LYNX will help a lot. The extra attack speed from the arms and set bonus will make your single-rig a stunlock machine. Later, when you defeat all 5 of the smelter machines you can acquire the IRONMAUS set, which costs literally no energy to equip. IRONMAUS will let you have TONS of implants. More than you can possibly equip, probably.

Acquiring the LYNX gear is trivial, should be your first full armor set.
P.A.X Imperator is automatically added after you beat the first boss. If you manage to beat it while not hitting it with it's own rockets even once, you will get an upgraded version, the P.A.X Imperator v2.0
The IRONMAUS set will be the most problematic to get, but by far the most rewarding. You need to beat the 5 smelter machines, which drop coins. These coins must be used on the machine in Conveyor Hub to unlock a hidden room with the armor. There are guides specially made to get this.

Recommendation: There are lots of useful implants. I'll list some you should consider, but choose whichever you like best:
-Agression Amplifier
-Auto-Aid
-Endurance Enhancer
-Kinasthetic Amplifier
-Proximity Sensor(DLC)
-Reclamation Buddy
-Rig Capacitor
-Sustaining Array
-Vanadium E-Cell
-Vital Boost (IMPORTANT)
-Vital Injection (MUST HAVE)

Pros:
-Free to personalize your implants as you like
-Works with most weapons that can get energy quickly
-Aside from the IRONMAUS set, it's easy to get and also very early
-Heals, heals and more heals
-If using LYNX, can use spare energy to mix the set and get better defensive parts

Cons:
-IRONMAUS fashion is questionable, but can be also a pro
-IRONMAUS changes hitsounds
-IRONMAUS can't be mixed and LYNX has low defense
-Gotta change implants when finishers are needed(but can get implants that help doing this job too)
-Medi-Voltaic Injection costs a ton of energy(but you have energy to spare)
-Some people might have problems to get IRONMAUS set
Pyrozerker

Armor
Head - Black Cerberus/Cerberus/Lynx
Arms - Chrysalis/Lynx
Chest - Hazard/Liquidator/Lynx
Legs - Lynx
Weapon - Firebug 2.0
The first 2 options are fashionsurge the last one is if you want that bonus

Implants

Health -up to you
Stamina - for Days
Elemental Damage boost implant (highest you can find)
Energy gain for the most use of that elemental gain.

Then

Burn everything.

Profit.

lapdragon

Souls: 2,705.00
Wiki Edits: 488
The Eternal

Armor:
Proteus or Bloody Proteus (full set)

Weapon:
Any "medium" speed weapon - I personally like the Mimetic Edge and Claws of the Gestalt.

Implants:
Proximity Sensor, Medical Audit, Reclamation Buddy - utility implants that make the game go faster and easier
Medi-Voltaic Injection (highest rank you can find) - the key piece to this set, it lets you use implants other than Vital Injectors to keep yourself alive, and lets you stay out in the field longer (if not indefinitely) because you're not having to go back to Ops to refill your injectors.
Vanadium E-Cell (x2 - highest ranks you can find) - more energy, means faster usage of the MV Injector
Vital Boost (x2 - highest ranks you can find) - more hitpoints, always useful
Endurance Enhancer (highest rank you can find) - more stamina, always useful
Aggression Amplifier (x2 - highest ranks you can find) - stacks nicely, and boosts a lot with the Proteus armor set bonus.
Voltaic Dynamo (x2 - highest ranks you can find) - increased energy gain per hit, making you able to use the MV Injection more often.
Rig Capacitor (x3 - highest ranks you can find) - raises the "floor" to your minimum energy, making it so that your energy doesn't bleed away if you're not using it.
Auto-Aid & SNS Disinhibitor (one of each, highest rank you can find) - not sure if these two are actually useful, but I keep them in for emergency use