Discuss the game as well as comments posted to our The Surge Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Here's my question... How does blocking actually work? Sometimes I do it perfectly and can do a little counterattack and other times I get rekt. I've read that it has to do with how long you've held the button, that if you're holding for longer than a second it doesn't work. Anybody tested it at all?
Blocking at the last moment increases your chance to stagger your enemy but that's it as far as I know. After you block you can counter-attack regardless if you stagger them. Some attacks are unblockable btw, all the charging attacks for example.

You can also duck or do a short hop once while you are blocking to evade an attack.

Oh, and blocking costs stamina so that's one problem with just holding it down for long periods.
You can block charging attacks, actually. To completely block an attack, as far as I can tell, you need to start blocking when they begin their attack animation. It should block 100% of the time. The second attack needs a refreshed block, but it might just be easier to dodge it. Can't confirm for larger enemies or drones, though.
Works fine for me so far, only had to use on the crazy twin blade wielding guys as they run at u. I just hold it when they get close. Holding it longer slowly takes ur stamina so u might not have enough left to withstand the attack ur trying to block
Can we get a description of damage types? Every weapon causes multiple different types of damage in the details, and they don't add up to the total damage either. Is there a benefit to weapons with increased elemental damage, crush, slash, or thrust?
Got the Same Problem with blocking its Frustrating...
Blocking only works if you have enough stamina, some attacks such as twin blade double arm cross are not blockable same with heavy duty vertical attacks. Stamina drain is related to how much dmg is delt to you. Funny how security can block everything you dish out tho.