Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,005.00
Wiki Edits: 13
MercwithMouth82 wrote:Well, your problem (mine as well in Destiny 1) just got solved.

Are you referring to the Guided Games feature they announced? It looks like an interesting compromise, since it allows a solid group core to stay intact, while opening solo spots for loners.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

skarekrow13 wrote:
Back_Lot_Basher wrote:But oddly enough, I find this actually works for me with the Division because it at least creates a massive space to explore. Destiny was desperately lacking in that department.

You ain't lying. I played the Beta and tried to go down the path after all the sunken ships and whatnot and you couldn't really do anything down there. I'm thinking about what awesome things might be down that path until the game launched.

A shortcut to another part of the level. Reeeeeal cool guys.

It's a shame too, because I thought it was a beautiful looking game at the time, with solid FPS mechanics. But for anyone who doesn't get into grinding for gear, Destiny runs out of steam pretty fast. The only thing that saved me was the crucible, which I wasn't terribly good at, but those Supers were such a rush!

And sadly, I'll admit that even though I owned 3 of the 4 sets of DLC, I never did complete a raid. I had lots of friends playing, and they raided all the time, but I was getting online at strange times, not late in the evening like most of them, so that part of the game never panned out for me. This is the main reason I'm reluctant to get Destiny 2, if that's going to happen again. Maybe if it had a world that was bigger, with a reason to explore it, I could look past not being able to raid.
VIP

skarekrow13

Don't Panic

Souls: 274.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
I'm in a similar boat and I'm not a big fan of shooter PvP. I was hoping for more shooter mmo, and it was never quite that
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

So, let's talk about the elephant in the room (actually, there is no elephant - I just wanted to use that in a post :) )

Do you trust Bungie/Activision when it comes to pre-game info drip? When they claim to put an emphasis on there being more story, and bigger worlds to explore, do you roll your eyes and ask yourself, rhetorically, where have I heard that before?

I'm having a hard time drinking the Kool-Aid this time, even though I really want all this to be true. I have no reason not to believe them on things like in-game LFG, which is encouraging. And I accept that game of this nature have a certain degree of grinding. But in the name of all that is holy, please, PLEASE don't make the grind take place in the same four truncated worlds. In terms of explorable world, I was hoping there might be at least three times the space (as in a dozen worlds), but obviously that's not happening. So just how much bigger do you think the new worlds will be, comparatively speaking?

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 8,184.00
I know I sure don't. I didn't pay attention to the hype train before Destiny came out, and the only reason I played it was because it was free with my PS4.

The gameplay is good, and at least that part is fun, but with no real RPG elements (no builds, no diverse skills, no diverse weapons and armor) it boiled down to multiplayer Halo with less fun PvP and a tiny world with lots of hidden bits that only served to spawn enemies.

SilkyGoodness

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,132.00
Bank: 377.00
Mechanically Destiny always felt to me it played like a worse Borderlands. Why would I play Destiny over Borderland? Especially with a new one coming out as well.

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

I'll tell you something that really pisses me off: Bungie locking people out of virtually ever social mode in the game as punishment for not buying a particular DLC. I dropped $70 on the game, $30 for a pair of small DLC packs, and then I believe another $40 for the Taken King. But I gave up on the game at that point, and didn't get Rise of Iron. So last night I decide to dust it off after all this talk about a new game. I had almost no options for weekly or daily activity, because the big red band that says "Requires Rise of Iron DLC" kept popping up. So after spending $140 on that game, they still kick me in the nads for skipping a DLC. And they wonder why so many people hate both companies.

Makes it tough to think about buying in again, knowing that if I'm not willing to spend $150 or more, I'll get cut off eventually. Maybe the best bet is to buy it on disc, blow through the "epic story", and then sell/trade while it still has value.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 8,184.00
At least you can get the whole edition for about 30$USD now. Really makes a case for buying at the end of the game's life.

My nephew keeps wanting me to download Destiny on my PlayStation, so we can play together. Problem is, he's got all the DLC from the collection, and I don't. That means we can't do anything together.

So we play ESO instead.

Rafahil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 2,844.50
Bank: 5,362.00
Wiki Edits: 42
For me character customization is a big thing and so far from what we've seen it seems that they simplified the classes in terms of choice for build variety. Each subclass seems to only have two paths to take. I had hoped that they would add more skills and abilities for us to pick and choose and find our own perfect build. It's still too early to speculate any further though so maybe things like gear upgrades can make a difference.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,044.00
Wiki Edits: 41
So after watching the reveal and scrounging for every scrap of detail out there. (seriously you can ask me anything. if it's been talked about I probably know) I will say while i'm sad that it's not what I wanted it seems good at least initially. pvp looks like a massive step up. So i'm going to keep a close eye on it. and may end up actually buying it after all.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.