Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

it doesnt seem to have an icon under the health, FP, and endurance meters... is there some general idea on how long it lasts?

Darkwraith_Sama

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 50.00
3 seconds. just look at your character glowing yellow. that's perseverance
How long does it last for?
3 seconds
Black knight sword also has the perseverance skill
So I'm not sure if this is already on here, but I've done some testing and it turns out that perseverance essentially 'activates' your hyper-armour meaning your poise takes effect. I originally noticed it because I had 25 poise and was still being staggered by UGS (which deal 28 poise dmg) when I activated the perseverance skill. I then changed a few things around to having 30 poise and I was unstagger-able by anything. So for anyone wandering why you don't actually see your poise increase but you do see your absorption increase, it's because perseverance doesn't increase poise but 'activates' it for a short period. (This is just from what I've tested and observed but I'm 99% sure this is what is happening.
True it does NOT show change to Poise stat, but technically it does increase your Poise because you will not be staggered with this WA activated
Reduces damage inflicted by us or on us?
On us
Didn't see it stated here and I'm too dumb to figure out how to edit the page. Many people have probably figured this out by now but for the people who haven't: Perseverance works by increasing damage absorption by 45 for all damage types and grants hyper armor. Does NOT increase poise whatsoever, despite what the description states.
Yes it does. Poise is being able to not be stunned by attacks and when you do the WA you don't get staggered by an attack... Idk what other proof you need
@2607:fb90:0961:0676:74f8:098a:3e03:4917
When applying perseverance your poise stat does not increase. If you actually tested you would know that.
And if you actually played the game you would know it works fine

Darkwraith_Sama

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 50.00
The poise stat itself doesn't work. Perseverance grants something called "hyper-stance" which is basically poise. Perseverance seems to add infinite poise as ive never been staggered out of the weapon art.
I tried this buff with different shields, and it seems if you equip yhorm's greatshield the buff stays on ( you can 2h the sword and still get the buff ). I tried with some other greatshields and the buff didn't stay on as i did with yhorm's
So this got buffed in the last patch? Does it apply to all weapons with this skill?
yes
Do we take less or deal less damage
take less dmg, check your poise and dmg absorptions after doing the skill
This is just another reason why greathammers are literally the best weapon class in the game, at least in PVE (but in PVP too, if you can parry). They hit like a TRUCK, stagger/poise/guard-break even freaking Cathedral Knights and generally make the game jokingly easy. Try this WA with Vordt's hammer on the Abyss Watchers, it makes the fight winnable by a complete newbie. Great skill, borderline OP, even this short-lasted.
Great hammers are AWFUL in pvp.