Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

which staff is the best ?
For pure sorcery, the Staff of Wisdom is the best. For utility, the Black Witch Staff (as it can cast Hexes, Miracles, and Sorcery. For Hexing, you'll want the Sunset Staff.

Keep in mind that this doesn't take into account casting speed, stamina consumption, and the like. Play around with them, and see what fits best for you.
I use my staves in my offhand, and occasionally when trying to cast a bunch of spells I somehow do a shield-bash motion with my staff, moving it from right to left. I'm having trouble recreating it, but I've accidentally done it at least a dozen times. I'm curious if anyone else has a clue what I'm talking about, and if they know what it is and how to do it. It seems like a parry to me, but the wiki says catalysts can't do that; Is it a bug, perhaps?

In the mean time, I'll be continuing my own experiments, but I'm having little to no luck so far.
You might be tapping the left joystick forward when you do it, which causes that.

Tested it, that's almost definitely the issue.
How do you even get to use them if your not a sorcerer