Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

VitaVitaAR

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 4,413.50
So I've been playing a new pyromancy/dark witch build and so far figured this out for the final stats: Black Witch Sara.

140 so I can connect with both PVP metas, and aiming for enough vig to deal with some of the tougher DLC enemies in case I do get hit, and enough stamina to be able to cast some of the more draining spells and still be able to do stuff left over.

I'm mostly trying to decide if I need the stamina or vig more.

Spells are subject to being swapped out and changed any time I need it, I just picked some stuff I know I'll use. ^^;
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 40,533.50
Wiki Edits: 538
Conflict of interests, here. Pyromancy (including dark pyromancy) gets next to nothing for going over 40/40. Using a Dark Clutch Ring for those dark sorceries doesn't help much when you aren't using any sorcery boosting rings (your dark sorcery damage will be low enough that the clutch ring isn't going to save it), and you aren't getting enough extra damage on your weapon to be worth the huge defense drop (seriously, negative physical defenses is a really bad thing). Not to mention, the damage boost from clutch rings is halved against players even though the defense penalty isn't. I'd suggest either dropping 5 levels in each of Int and Fth and just focusing on pyromancy, or ignoring the pyromancy and using more stuff to make the 45/45 worthwhile such as Crystal Chime or Sunless Talisman. Izalith Staff and Crystal Chime can easily get away with using only sorcery-boosting rings, and Sunless Talisman and Crystal Chime can get away with only using miracle-boosting rings. Or, if you don't mind losing a ring slot and enough defense to actually boost your opponent's damage, you can go Dark Clutch, Bellowing, and Firstborn to get about the same out of both miracles and sorcery as you would using the two normal ones, so long as you only use dark spells. Keep in mind that the dark miracles aren't fantastic, though.

Your Vigor is much too low for the level you're trying to play at, especially for a build type that's notorious for being bad at melee. You want 40, no less. Drop Great Combustion for Black Flame, it's 100% better in every way. Black Flame and Dark Edge are redundant, I wouldn't bother. Reduce Attunement to 30, mainly because Ashen Estus only recovers 200 FP and anything over that isn't helping you any. If you drop either Dark Edge or Black Flame, you'll be able to make the cut.

VitaVitaAR

Obsessed
Commander

Mission of the build was to do both Pyromancy and Dark Sorceries. ^^;

I will probably switch to Bellowing Dragoncrest rather then Dark Clutch, though. That's a good point.

As for spells, they're subject to change whenever I want is the thing, I just slapped some things down that I know I can use. ^^;

Rangrok

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,294.00
Yeah you'll want to lower your attunement. 30 gets you 5 slots, while 35 is where your FP per attunement point hits its softcap.

Why is your dexterity that high? If you want max casting speed, Sage Ring +2 and 10 dex is all you need. Alternatively, you can drop it down to 16 and use the Demon's Scar instead of the standard Pyromancer's flame to add a bit more attack variety.

I'd highly recommend switching out the Dark Clutch Ring for a defensive ring. Ring of Favor would be the most effective. Also, you're WAAAY under your equip load. Either go for below 30 for the improved roll, or aim for just below 70%. Armor can really make a noticeable difference.

VitaVitaAR

Obsessed
Commander

Hmmm. For ATT, I'd like a varied spell spread but... hmm.

I was originally going to use the Witch's Locks and typically don't touch NG+, which is why Dex is pretty high. I won't be getting the Sage's Ring +2 unless someone wants to donate it to me though.

As for equip load, this build is primarily fashion-based even if I do want it to be fun for PVP too. Dark Clutch is being swapped for Bellowing Dragoncrest though to help the Dark Sorceries.