Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Slarg232

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 6,112.50
Wiki Edits: 8
Doesn't say either way, so just want to make sure if Dark Weapons can be buffed or not.
Not buff able any elemental infusion including blessed and simple can not be buffed
For a Pyromancer, Chaos and Dark infusions are very handy, and best, obviously if you just buff your weapon with Carthus Flame you will deal more damage, but using Chaos or Dark infusions come very handy, you don't need to use a slot for Carthus Flame Arc, you don't have to rebuff your weapon everytime, you don't spend time buffing your weapon(and specially in PvP and boss fights you may not have time to do buff), you don't need FP to buff your weapon.

Also many weapons have really good scaling with Chaos or Dark infusions(both infusions always have same scaling):
A/A scaling for Carthus Curved Greatsword, Astora Greatsword, Murakumo, Great Corvian Scythe, etc.
B/B scaling for Carthus Curved Sword, Zweihander, Dark Sword, Claymore, Gotthard Twinswords, Greatsword, Cathedral Knight Greatsword, Lothric Knight Greatsword, Exile Greatsword, Onikiri and Ubadachi, etc.

These are just some examples there is a lot more good weapon with A/A or B/B scaling, and a few "meta" weapons with C/C scaling. As a note, if you know any weapon that scales S with Lightning or Crystal, this means it will have A/A for Chaos or Dark, if it has A instead of S then it will be B/B, and etc.
Also new DLC weapon Follower Sabre(which is very OP) has B/B scaling
Instead of Pus of Man, the enemies that drop Dark Gems in Consumed King's Garden are the Slugs in the toxic pool. (Confirmed: Took me 4 runs to get 1)
Also i think that it is just 1 of the slugs that drop it. The ones that are near trees. (still needs confirmation).
Farmed about 15 runs from Ocerios Bonfire. (To not bother with elevators)
Used Hidden Body and Chaos Great Fireball.

1 Dark Gem dropped from one of the eight slugs in the middle of the zone, another 1 Dark Gem dropped from Pus of Man.
Had 307 item discovery in both instances.

That's about 1 dark gem from about 30 Pus of Man and 1 dark gem from about 120 slugs. And that's at 307 item discovery.
"Dark weapons inflict dark damage". Huh, go figure
Is it only my imagination, or does this gem not eerily resemble a human hand...?
After you said so, it kinda does. Like an open hand with crystals growing from it.
Now that you say it, it really looks like a hand overgrown with these "curse crystals" that sprout all over you when your curse-meter is full.
Maybe it is?

this needs an update: The slugs in the consumed kings garden also drop these. Not too sure if its rare but I get more from them rather than the pus of man
Is there a quick and easy way to check for weapons with S scaling in dark or do I have to check each weapon manually?
Here's an extremely useful source for any hybrid caster class; used on my pyro.
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4ii8lj/heres_a_list_of_all_weapons_that_gain_an_sa/
Basically, your best options are:

Astora GS
Murakumo
Carthus Curved GS
Winged Spear
Great Corvian Scythe
The best place to farm these is from Oceiros, the Consumed King Bonfire go past the knights then to the right first they will stop following you kill the 2 man of pus (VERY LOW DROP RATE) then use a bow with fire arrows and kill every slug in the area (low drop but higher than man of pus) kill the last man of pus then homeward bone.

Repeat.

2 hours=2/5 gems with CSR-CSGR+3-Avarice-Coin.

Hope for good RNG with this gem.