Long live the Red Eye Ord! The most awesome item of the whole Dark Souls series.
Not for the faint of heart! You will need great skills, uncanny map knowledge and a good build to make it as a Dark Souls mob. Remember these golden rules of invasion:
- Never invade an area you didn't clear.
- Wear the Obscuring Ring; it is the root of invasion gameplay, whatever the haters say.
- Know the area you invade Inside and out. Use passages, heights and bottlenecks to your advantage.
- Never engage the host in a fair situation, and use surprise to your advantage. Stalk and wait for the***** to get real; then add the cherry on top.
- Use the monsters as much as possible.
- Hide, wait, hit hard, run away; rince and repeat.
- Chug Estus to stay alive.
- Always ask yourself this question: "What would be for me the most horrifying, annoying thing that could happen in this portion of the map?" Your answer to this question is the plan that you should try to execute.
- When facing a gank, don't engage and stalk your preys. They have to play the actual game at some point. When they do, punish them as unfairly as possible using the mobs and the environment. Oh; and parry their attacks to thin their numbers quickly.
- Most people backtrack to the last bonfire when they are being invaded. Many maps will allow you to punish them for doing so. Your last option should be to accept a fair, face to face duel.
Note that you should never do ANY of those things if you are actually in a duel.
Or you could do them anyway, as long as you are ready for the retalition.
Playing Beyond Good and Evil is the essence of Dark Souls.