Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Wait, if Elfriede is also an Unkindled, and any Ashen Ones are people who tried to link the Fire and failed to become Lords... does that mean Elfriede tried to link the Fire herself?
I thought Londor was all about the Dark and hated perpetuating the cycle, so why would one of their greatest leaders link the Fire? Did she try to become a Lord of Hollows and failed somehow, burning out instead of usurping the Flame? (is that why Londor knows you need a Spouse, because you can't do this by yourself, as Elfriede shows?)
Or is this why she is called a traitor by Yuria, because she betrayed their cause, linked the Fire and after failing ran away to the painted world?
I think that she tried to usurp the flame but failed and joined the fate of all Ashen ones.
in item descriptions we discover she is a deserter or traitor, this could have been brought about by her trying to usurp the flame and the church rejecting her. She now seeks redemption in the painted world, where she tries to once again uphold the church's desires.
Does anyone else think the Farron Legion soldiers have been tainted by the Abyss seeping out of Carthus, and are locked in an infinite battle with each other as they return to life only to find themselves surrounded by their Abyss-tainted brethren?

Everyone seems to just think they've gone crazy or something. Perhaps they're just that narrow-minded to attack anything that stinks of the Abyss?

Ashtolith

Casual
Convict

Souls: 185.00
It would definitely fit them, true. After all, they're said to have destroyed whole cities/kingdoms on the first sign of abyss-taint. It's not a big leap to think they'd even kill their brethren if they are tainted (though there were also the Followers of Farron. Weren't they given the job of killing abyss-tainted Watchers?).
Plus, there are those dark tendrils snaking up their cape and armor, it could very well be a sign of the abyss.
Soo, I started playing the Dreg Heap dlc and fought again the demon prince. Later was just going through my weapons and saw that in the description for Lorians great sword he slayed the demon prince. Is there a connection?

Ashtolith

Casual
Convict

Yeah, it's exactly that Prince.
The general theory is that Lorian only thought he killed the Prince, but instead "just" wounded and weakened him severely. The Demon Prince fled into that dark hole we fight him in and apparently "couldn't remember" the Chaos Flame after the fight against Lorian, weakening him even more and bringing Demonkind closer to annihilation.
So generally, while Lorian didn't really kill the Demon Prince, he's pretty much the reason we are able to so easily ^^
Yes it is the very same prince.
I tought Gwyn's kids had names starting with "GWYN" like GWYNdolin, GWYNevere, GWYNeth (Name reddit gave the Nameless King)

Ashtolith

Casual
Convict

Yeah, everybody thought that. Though really, we only had the two children, Gwynevere and Gwyndolin. Nobody knows for sure if the Nameless King actually had a Gwyn- name after all. Since we didn't ever hear about any other kids of Gwyn, everyone kind of assumed that all children had to be named after him.

And Filianore is still kind of named after Gwyn, though only in spirit. Her name means "Daughter of the Sun". My guess is this was to distinguish her as something not quite like the other kids, because she is "given to" and infected by the Dark. Or maybe they didn't want to directly confirm the connection. Or maybe she did actually have a Gwyn-name, but it got changed or forgotten over the years in the Ringed City (the inhabitants turning her name from Gwyn-whatever into basically "That Sun God's child". Kind of fitting if you take in that Gwyn gave the pygmies the city and his daughter, and that the daughter spent all this time in an enchanted sleep, basically being not much more than very pretty furniture. Maybe her name and identity simply got erased from her true name to her origin: the daughter and gift of the Sun).
Perhaps Gwyn has some Zeus in him. Perhaps the Gwyn**** children were with one mother, and Fillanore/Yorshka with another? I'm not sure, and with no more answers on the horizon I just have to accept that.
the age of the deep sea is (what i believe to be) when the abyss consumes all, which aldrich was trying to do. he was trying to be the abyss/ recreate it by becoming powerful by consuming gods because the more he consumed the bigger he got. (i think?)
aldrich turned to sludge after consuming so many men so he might be the deep sea, the abyssal sludge, the all consuming mass to end life.

(i hope this made sense to you and helped but don"t hate on me for this post because its the first I've done)
buh
I think that the dark soul has not his place in this world anymore, like other greatsouls. I mean, it was supposed to be the soul of men, but with the seal of fire that Gwyn put on men, they evolved, in a way. They became some being with a soul teinted of both dark and light.
This is the reason why the true ending of men is the one where you steal the fire: You do what Gwyn did with you. He stole you your world, the Age of Dark, and you steal him the fire, which represents the Age of Gods.
Maybe that's what Aldia was seeking in Dark souls 2.
And maybe that's why he chose you, an undead.
Because he found the flame, he found the dark, but had no answer. What he needed was a soul that was between both, between the reach of dark, between the scope of light: Humanity.
Is it possible for the games to be linked together by other reasons?
Lord of Hollows/Londor is the best ending imo. I just wish it had gameplay effects, like in ng+ if certain hollow enemies would ignore you until you attacked them. Hollows that are special in some way would kill you on site, but one's that aren't completely mad like the Undead Settlement enemies and the hollow soilders of Lothric would think of you as their Lord. That doesn't count Lothric Knights.