Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Please! Need help to farm this on PS4.
Let's farm the Proofs together. My PSN ID is KillerFerreira.
Thanks!
1 in 30 drop rate from silver knights? More like 1 in 100 when at 99 luck and the highest drop rate boosting gear.
with 12 luck and all the boosting gear (gold ring +2, mimic hat, rapier +4 and rusted coin) i was getting maybe or 2 every half hour, 45 minutes. But later when I came back after getting the gold serpant ring +3 in the new dlc, it seemed to increase the drop rate significantly. Because I had 15 proofs, and i got the next 15 in under 2 hours of farming. The same 3 silver knights. Not sure if that ring had an effect or if it was just RNG, but man was I happy. Also note that upgrading the CSR does up the item discovery boosting effect it has, same way the mendicant staff and shield of want and all the hp regen equipment effects get boosted when you upgrade them.
It was 100% RNG, I just went over an hour without getting one, this grind is brutal ... (40luck, +3 gold ring, and symbol on)
Farmed with max discovery for 2 hours and did not get a single proof from silver knights at Anor Londo. It's almost faster to wear the cov throughout a playthru...
lol blades of the darkmoon?
more liek nightingales ifyaknowwhatimsaying hyuck hyuck.

WildBoar

Casual
Convict

Souls: 191.00
Even after the last DLC, From did not see fit to put a blue eye orb into the game. Dark Souls 3: Prepare to Farm.
Might not be anything new, but this is a tip for people wanting to help out the Darkmoon bros who totally got the short end of the stick in DKS3.

What I like to do is use a dried finger when playing thru a level (not farron keep or irithyl valley as watchdogs and aldrich faithful do not bring in darkmoons) where you can only get invaded by the red orb. that way every time you get an invader, if you wait just a minute or two you will get a blade of the darkmoon. And if you're lucky you can get invaded by a few more dark/mad spirits. Just had a run thru the archives where i had maybe 5 or 6 invasions. at one point there were 3 invaders in my game and it was just me and a darkmoon knight. what was nice is one of the dark spirits would die and then i'd get invaded again. that one darkmoon got probably 4 proofs out of that session. and a few others got some too. I don't summon phantoms and will use a seed of giants if appropriate. Not sure what causes it, but sometimes two blue spirits will come to assist.
Forgot to mention this, but obvs you gotta be Way of Blue, duh.
always down for new ways to play. thanks ill try some version of this. ... oh ,,, and btw "GIT GUD"? isnt that what all the koksmoker little jerk homos say?
i have a question if i'm max level in a covenant can i still get the rewards in the same playthrough?

ReiterSplash

Souls: 120.00
Wiki Edits: 14
Not sure what this comment means. I don't know of they mean...
1) After offering 30 [insert covenant item], they can offer 30 [insert covenant item] once more and get the reward again
...or...
2) If they can offer 30 [insert covenant item] in a later playthrough and get the covenant item again.
Number 2 is not possible, as I have tested it.
the 1st one

Rinterelle

Casual
Convict

Souls: 909.00
Wiki Edits: 163
No, you cannot. Covenant rewards are only rewarded once per character, so you'll have to make a new character entirely if you want to get the rewards again.

Rinterelle

Casual
Convict

Darkmoon spawnpoints are a bit awkward at times, especially with the inclusion of the 2nd DLC. I've had a time where I spawned around the location of the Lothric War Banner in Dreg Heap, while the host and invader were high above me. I uh... I'm not sure how I'm supposed to help the host when I can't even get to them. :/ Kinda feels like they just reused the invader spawnpoints and left it at that.

Also a bit bummed at these silly restrictions placed on earning ears, especially since there're currently no other ways to gain a steady supply of them other than slapping silver knights around or getting summoned (and we all know how difficult that is in the first place). Darkmoons will NOT get an ear if the invader dies by any means other than a player's hand (i.e. No ear if invader died by sustaining fall damage, plummeting off of the level, or getting smacked by an NPC). Meanwhile, all invaders are rewarded regardless of how the host dies, and it's not like the hosts can just "Black Crystal" out either (I'm aware that hosts can just cut the game off, but invaders can do the same thing too...).

I see they still haven't done much to benefit this covenant, even after all this time... I still stand by the notion of letting Darkmoons earn ears from Aldrich Faithfuls, or at least let Darkmoons be summonable for those types of invasions. Maybe even relieve us of some of these restrictions...
the only time I got constantly summoned was between sl15 and 20, weapon upgrade +1 when I was trying out a couple of low invader twinks. When people defeated Vordt and way of the blue is there only covenant. So forget about Blades totally. Get blue sentinels, stop your game process and get summoned. But be careful. People invading in this sl are often twinks. Endgame gear and dark hand user. So it may be necessary to play further, get yourself better equipment, more estus etc.
What he said ^ I currently have many low level twinks and getting summoned as a blue is frequent. I plan to make a new faith build and I'll most likely beat the game at level 15-20 with a regular ol' twink and try and get ears for DMB. Then level up and continue my faith build.

I despise farming Silver Knights.

Rinterelle

Casual
Convict

I agree. Just seeing those Silver Knights sometimes spark a bit of dread in me. I appreciate the advice though, and might consider it for the future.

I was fortunate enough to be around during the first weeks the Ringed City released; I had a character between SL 140 - SL 150, and I was getting summoned constantly just by being within the city limits. I still get summoned occasionally these days, even when I'm in a different location, but it's reassuring to know that it's still possible to be summoned at such a high level.
Hat several summons today at sl47 / +4.

I never get summoned in the location I am though.
remember the times when you fought a boss...almost had him...and then you got summoned as a DMB? Only to be directly send back into the fight and discover that the boss health has completly regenerated? But your estus not? Oh the fun...
Wait? Can you actually get summoned during Boss fights??
never had that happen during boss battle - but npc invaders or specially strong in level enemies? way too many times - love having a dragon down to near the end with ranged greatbow attacks - only to be summoned, returned - dragon full HP, out of arrows...
Good patch. Invade > instant three *****ing darkmoons summoned. Thanks fromsoft.
I've actually had Way of Blue equipped through some of The Ringed City DLC and 2 of the times I have gotten invaded 2 blues were summoned really quickly and honestly I do think it's unfair for invaders.
(although getting proofs is a tiny bit easier now I guess?)
You can only have 2 blues in your world :thinking: