Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

I wish someone would be really nice and (when they are only missing final boss in their playthrough) run from start of the game to the end in the exact route you have to go. It would be much easier, for us stupids, to just skip ahead in the video untill you see an area you haven't been at then rewind a bit to see how he got in there.
Make of video of the run. I forgot to start with that >.<
If you go Castle of Storms > Dome of Forgotten > Ziggurat of Dust and get the Dart Jump, you can then go through Far Beach to Pitchwoods and from there to Siam Lake, bypassing Red Hall, Hagar's Cavern, Ruined Temple, 2nd half of the Ziggurat, and the Mire of Stench.
Now i know why i'm being killed so much, i'm trying to kill the Third Lamb before going to the Hager's Cavern!!!!
In my opinion Hagers is more difficult than the Dome.
Hagers is just annoying. You don't have to fight in it to beat anything at the Dome.
This walkthrough really needs a rework. The most important thing which is constantly skipped is your initial reference point. For example from 15 I went and found 15.1 and finished that but you then reach a situation for 16 going into the Lower Ziggurat and we have no clue where the "start" is. Is it down and right towards sanctuary from the end of 15? Is there a different entrance they're using?

The point being for this walkthrough to be legible and helpful all starting information should begin with stating which sanctuary you start at. At least this way people can place a guide, look at the travel option, and choose the appropriate sanctuary that they should have gone through from the previous steps in the walkthrough to begin the next.
Protip, you don't need dart , you just need long jumps! Tap jump and dash while standing still then the hold the direction you need to go (forward or backward) , You can break the game with longjump.
You can actually bypass some areas whithout even using glitches.

When you're in the village of smiles you don't need to kill the queen, just gor right from the sanctuary to acces the watching woods.

Again, no need to take down the alchemist, just go to the bottom right of the woods and leap to go fight the cyclop.

If you killed the cyclop you can bypass the false jester using the key dropped by the cyclop by taking the door below the boss area.

After you killed the wyrm and got the shadow flip brand, go directly to the right from the sanctuary in the red hall to access the dome of the forgotten.

Once you finished the dome go right from the dome to the ziggourat, since only the hardlight and shadowflip brands are needed to acces the dried king

As soon as you've killed the king, use the dart brand to go to pitch woods from the sanctuary at the far beach. You will only need to get through the "unicorn" to access siam lake.

From there, I don't think you can skip any more areas, but the crypt of the dead gods can be rushed quickly by staying near the right wall and falling directly from the entrance to near the shrine next to the boss.

Using this road you avoid the fights against the queen of smiles, the mad alchemist, the false jester, the tree of men, the disembollowed husk, that stench most foul, the bloodless prince and the coveted (not to mention the bosses who are generally labelled as optional : Murdiella Mal, Carsejaw the cruel, Ronin Cran and the forgotten king), but you risk having a really low level when fighting against the last bosses (which might not be a problem if you're part of the order of the betrayer and can spam black magic+flask of defilement)

I think you can also skip the fight against the sodden knight by leaping from the platform above the shrine in the festering banquet, not sure if the devs intended that though.

Butsin

Souls: 50.00
lena is piece of*****
That's really helpful! Thanks for making this :)
So where was the princess after all this?