Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Sooo if i am sl150 and want to play with a friend that just started must i create a new character?
no, you can use a password to join his game, look in the menu and go to online it will have a password field, both use the same one to join each others game.
No you dont need to make a new character, just put the same password in and you can play together. But if u are overleveld in the area of you friend than u get levelcapped and ( that means you will get weaker if you join your friends world )
Im a sl 345 and no summons ever apear for me
Cause you'r over leveled
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Recommended+Level+by+Location
PvP meta is around SL 125, so keep that in mind.
Weapon-based matchmaking makes no sense: basically you will never be invaded if you don't upgrade any of your items over level 1.

Or is this working like: A: +0 ===> B: from 0+ to +2 upgrade?
It makes a whole lot of sense. New players will not be invaded by people who purposefully stayed low level (or used a trainer) but still have +10 weaponry.

Also, yes. If you have for instance a +3 rapier, and that's your highest leveled weapon on that playthrough, you will be matched with players who have weapons up to and including +5. This way the invaders are usually a bit stronger to balance the fact that they have less estus and often have to fight multiple phantoms besides the host.
You can play together but your stats will be heavily capped, usually about 2/3 of the regular stats will be taken away until you are back in your world or the person hits about the same level as you.
So my friend just got dark souls 3 and He is a DS virgin. I don't won't to go through the entire playthrough on a new character because it would be my tenth time. We tried to have him to summon me but he couldn't. He was lvl 15 and I am level 98 on my lowest character. We had a password on but still to no avail. Any ideas how he can summon me?
Simple, yet necessary. Make sure he is Embered!
Is it possible for 250 play to help or pvp a 100 player
You can, but you'd be scaled down to level 120 and most of that would come out of you HP and Attack Power.
Is the Estus Flask influenced by the weapon-based matchmaking? Is it considered a weapon?
No.
Would SL50 be the best level to stop at in order to get consistent summons/invasions?
What areas would be best for a character at this level?

skeletonkeyblade

Souls: 50.00
Does shield upgrade count?

skeletonkeyblade

"the game "remembers" what is the max upgraded level you had."

Even if I load a previous safe from a flash drive?

skeletonkeyblade

Solved. It seems that reloading your save works. Tested with random summons at the first boss and they told me they had only a +1 weapon and I had a +3. Before I reload the save I was with a Crest Shield +3 (Twinkling Titanide).