Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Achtpuntzes

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,772.01
hyperarmor means that u have greatly increased defences when doing a hyperarmor attack. so when u get hit doing a hyperarmor attack u only get a small deal of the damage the attack would normally do. it also decreases the chance your attack gets interrupted if the opponent hits u a fraction earlier.
so yes, its a trade hit thingy.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

announakis

Revived
Savior

Souls: 16,427.50
Wiki Edits: 17
@Back_Lot_Basher
@Achtpuntzes is correct.

most weapons with a decent weight have hyper armor when 2 handed, representing the inertia gathered by the weapon in the swing, making it "unstoppable" past a certain momentum gathered.

in the case of the drakeblood GS for example, none of the one handed moves has hyperarmor.

but the 2 handed R1, R2 and Stance have hyperarmor: this means that you can tanks through an attack as Achtpuntzes said without getting staggered in the process.
the more poise you have, the more resilient to stagger: poise works only during hyperamor frames and strengthen hyperamor basically

each attack also has different amounts of hyperamor tied to it: so for example the drakesword 2 handed R1 will get you through any one handed spear R1 unstaggered but not through a greatsword R1...the 2H R2 will get you through anything lighter than a 2 handed greatsword R1 (not entirely accurate, just trying to illustrate) while the Stance R2 will get you through a 2H R1 of an ultraGS !

this link will give you all the data you need to understand how things work depending on your setup
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/com ... lator_108/
my YouTube channel

They say luck is a woman. She's drawn to those who least deserve her.
"Last argument of kings" by Joe Abercrombie

Achtpuntzes

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,772.01
still many people dont know how hyperarmor works.

i use it all the time (sunlight talisman's special) and alot people dont understand that even when they hit me with their normal attacks they do only few damage while i land my sunlight spear right through their attacks in their face doing huge damage or often even a one hit kill.
well its easy. i do a hyperarmor attack, and they don't. and then i will Always come out on top when trading hits.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Back_Lot_Basher

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 17,583.00
Wiki Edits: 13
That's awesome...thanks for the tips on hyperarmor. I had no idea about all this. I'll be sure to get as close as possible to 70% with a good poise ratio.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"