Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Clearly says Laurence became the first Cleric Beast.
Also Bloodletting Beast has his Skull in the first encounter with him. Bloodletting Beast is not Laurence so knock it off. It's annoying. Almost as annoying as when everyone was like "Oh the Cleric Beast must be Ludwig!"
No. Read the item descriptions. Also if WE are the ones who killed Bloodletting Beast (and keep in mind that HE HAS HIS SKULL IN THE FIRST FIGHT!) then how did the Skull reach the Grand Cathedral?
No it's not Laurence. This is fact.
Ps: the hunters that remain are just beasts in the real world, the Human part of them remaining on in the nightmare. Alternatively this could all still be true but only applied to Laurence and all the boss and secrets are his biggest fears or shame. Depends on whether you believe Laurence to be thr sole dreamer.
Ur ***
My understanding of it is that the hunters nightmare is the amalgamated consciousness of all the hunters who succumbed to the beast blood/blood drunkenness. So the physical world is irrelevant, the entire dlc is a nightmare constructed from the secrets and fears of those hunters who became beast. That's why the boundaries are so abstract.
As I understand it, the Hunter's Nightmare is basically a place that traps hunters and people from the past, not the past itself. This means that while they are "alive" in the nightmare, Laurence and Ludwig were already long dead when we start the game. At least in the original dream of blood and beasts we are in.
Its actually more like a hell for all hunters, no hunter can escape this fate (eye of blood drunk hunter descrip), which is why Simon wants to put an end to it cause its bs to pay for his forefathers mistakes. Its a curse created by the fishing hamlet after praying to Kos for retribution for all the churches and hunters crimes against humanity.
As I understand it, the Hunter's Nightmare is basically a place that traps hunters and people from the past, not the past itself. This means that while they are "alive" in the nightmare, Laurence and Ludwig were already long dead when we start the game. At least in the original dream of blood and beasts we are in.
Wow, sounds pretty butthurt.
I thought that ludwig was the cleric beast, but I like him much more as the accursed / holy beast.
Ur ***
This helped me a lot, thx