Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Story time, I have fought this boss several times 6 out of those times its been a normal fight all the phases happen and nothing went wrong. So this is what a good buddy of mine had just gotten the dlc and I was helping him with it all went find the grave tender was good and no problems until we got to the sister friede so the first phase it when normal nothing really went wrong that until the second phase happen. So what happen was in the second phase the fight went normal until they got to have health, father was doing his charge attack across the arena he got about mid way when he just got stuck on something and was just stuck there running/crawling place and at this point I am confused so I just start attacking him and I believe I'm doing damage and I did not notice until I re-watched the footage on ps4 to see what else that had happen and in the background friede was teleporting every were along with my buddy and the other summon. So I attack father for like ten seconds when he tele's away and is on the other side of the area and was in his death animation and friede was just standing there so I was preparing myself for phase 3 but she did not do here dramatic black fire revival but just stood there and after 20 seconds she dies of something and victory as my buddy is confuse by my reaction because on his side of this it was normal for him and said I was teleporting around and phase 3 was short. So in the end my buddy won and I had an amazing experience of my buddies internet.
If you beat her once already and get her scythe, the next time around will be much easier. I found that her own scythe can easily stunlock her in all 3 phases. Just make sure you have enough stamina to roll out of the way afterwards because she can catch you as soon as you stop hitting her.
Nobody's going to mention the anti-gravity torches?
I gotta say I'm pretty upset by this boss. It looks great, it plays out very interestingly...
but it's so weirdly anti-fun, only designed to kick your butt and nothing else.

We're in the third installment of Dark Souls now, things like weapon arts and all sorts of stuff exist here.
Yet trying anything on this boss other than the occasional R1(-string) between her moves endangers you greatly in this fight for survival,
and even narrowing it down to just that I still couldn't beat her solo after like 30 tries. (lvl 95)

What I especially mean by upset is: I was able to pull so much stupid, fun-looking stuff on the Gravetender fight that being so limited on this one really demotivated me.
And once I decided to give Gael a shot I instantly beat her despite him doing close to nothing.

Such a hollow victory...