Discuss Team Ninja's action rpg Nioh
Wiki: Visit the Nioh Wiki

toddmuton

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,547.00
I can only get him down to like 3/4 health. A couple times down to half health. Fought him 15 times or so but used up my elixirs. Now what do I do?

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,060.00
Keep trying, learn the boys patterns, don't rely on healing. Make sure your equip load is under 70% so you can move and regain ki faster, summon help.

If you can add me on PSN I'm on and can help. Same ID as here.

toddmuton

Addicted
First Warden

I apparently suck. So I have to farm elixirs now I guess. He keeps nailing me with the balls

Abaddon

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,213.50
Wiki Edits: 4
It's been awhile since I played nioh but from what I can remember. during phase 1 (balls still on chains) staying too close to him will cause him to do his aoe spin which is hard to dodge. stay back and bait out his over head smashes he telegraphs these and you can get in a few his after the 2nd and back out to safety. In phase 2 if you out range him constantly he will toss the balls at you and they seem to have unfair tracking you have to dodge before impact or they will most likely curve and hit you.

One strategy I employed vs almost all the bosses was kicks. it's never a strat that's suggested but if you deplete any of the yokai(demons) KI you basically rag doll them with any strike even bosses. granted after about 3-5 seconds they will spawn a pool under them but if you can ki burst it out right away the KI recovery they get is minimal and you can chain this quite easily. Lich is 100% correct though get your equip load under 70% and learning to dodge is key as well.

penniwise

Souls: 271.00
really timing is everything just like in BB and DS. dodge/roll left (well upper left corner of the stick, not exactly left) when he swings balls, you should be close to behind him, hit away a few times, dodge back. repeat that. if he does the spin , hold block it hits a couple times, then dodge back. In phase 2 time the dodge\roll to the left again as he throws them, lead him away from the balls to make it easier. The dodge upper left thing works on most of the big yoki guys just like almost all the DS3 and BB mobs.

edit. you don't suck. once your timing is good you will wonder how it ever beat you

toddmuton

Addicted
First Warden

yea, I am staying in front of him and dodging in and hitting him, but a lot of times he spins the balls around and I dont have enough Ki to block both ball strikes, and its too far away to dodge beyond their range. ive played him probably 35 times not much luck. Im kind of at a loss

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,804.50
Easy strat for most bosses is to get two elements on them at the same time, which will stagger them until the effect wears off.

Also, when you pop LW, have some crystals quick slotted to keep it going.

Easiest cheese for most bosses and any build can do it.

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,044.00
They nerfed LW long ago, before I could use it to get my plat. A really long cool down before you can use it again.

Tod, when you're just starting and have no tricks, that boss is very hard. Is there a reason you won't summon help?

Lich, you are so helpful. You're like the TSMP of Nioh! :cheers:

toddmuton

Addicted
First Warden

Well having to summon help on the first boss would be pretty embarrassing. Anyways I was able to beat this boss because I had 3 different weapon buffs (magic) I put on my sword throughout the fight, and you can use each one twice. One you get him to the second phase its much easier. Also I noticed that I was being too aggressive and striking him too many times before attempting to dodge out and I was getting caught with his ball swings. I used strong/high stance. I ended up only using 2 elixirs. My build was WAY over leveled though probably.