Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,974.50
Wiki Edits: 561
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

When the Necromancer DLC came out for Diablo 3, the first thing I did was look up a list of items for the new class. Guess what I didn't find? Jack, diddly, or squat. So here we are with a nice full list for you, that you need not suffer what I did. Since sets are so central to builds in Diablo 3 these days, this article will mostly focus on the five Necro-specific sets, with legendaries being listed as options to supplement the massive, massive set bonuses. I'll also suggest various skills to use based on my own experiences when ...

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,214.00
I just finished grinding out all the necromancer gear, and set myself up with Inarius.

My major complaint about it is that it is very difficult to stay in melee range, as everything that gets in your face gets affected by the 6pc set bonus, and basically evaporates when you look at it. I'm working my way up the GRifts, and stopped around 55 today. The Rift Guardians die in a few basic attacks or a corpse lance or two. It's crazy powerful.

Oh, you ARE pretty squishy outside your Bone Armor buff, and make sure to have Decrepify up at all times to get the most damage reduction possible. I still get one shot because I forget about certain enemy mechanics, but that's a L2P issue more than a problem with the gear.

Everything else I haven't gotten around to yet, but until the Inarius fun dies, I don't see myself doing much else.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,974.50
Wiki Edits: 561
Sounds like you have more than enough offense for the GR level you're at but nowhere near enough defense. If you're using a bunch of topazes in your sockets, try swapping a few or all of them to amethysts for HP or rubies for defense (physical defense scales off strength, elemental defense scales off intelligence). Enemies won't die as fast, but neither will you and it'll feel less like you're playing rocket tag all the time.
VIP

Castielle

The Hand
The Hand of God

Masochist

Souls: 216,098.02
Wiki Edits: 39675
Damn this is a really comprehensive and well written guide @TSMP . Might have to play some more this week :D

Cas
The difference between Left Wing and Right Wing is that Left Wing people what everyone to finish the race the same. Right Wing people want everyone to start the race the same.
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,784.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
Very nice job man
This is absolutely good :00008:
About the Necro, I stopped at Grift 51 only because actually i'm playing FFXII Zodiac Age
The Inarius build is damn powerfull, i'm missing only a couple of items to get it's maximum potential and, of course, i still have to get many Ancients and use the Caldesann despair on each Ancient (except for two pieces wich are already Ancients with a Gem infused)