The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Nikushimi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 947.00
Magic in terms of sorceries, hexes, pyros, and miracles?

When I played years ago they nerfed miracles damage to hell. They then attached sorceries a bit as well as some pyros and hexes.

Most enemies (like 75%) were either resistant or it did nothing to them. Especially in the dlc.

Since j plan on returning here shortly I was wondering if this was still the case. I can't find anything on it cause it just leads to years old articles.

Any help would be appreciated as I sort of usually play with magic. Is sit damage (infusing) as bad as they say it is in Dark souls 3?

Any insight appreciated. Thank you.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,825.50
Magic is fine in DS2. Most of my builds were hybrids.
Aside from specific DLC encounters with high resistance, I never had any problems with magic.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,974.50
Wiki Edits: 561
Most of those nerfs were well deserved, except for lighting spears getting fewer charges. Magic is still very strong, you just aren't killing bosses in 2-3 hits anymore. Which is fine. Those years old articles are probably still valid since the game hasn't been patched in years, don't be afraid to check them out.

Infusing works fine in DaS2, remember to infuse whatever you're casting with to scale better off whatever you're trying to cast. No, you can't infuse the Pyromancy Flame, but it doesn't really need it either. For stats: 50 if using either Intelligence OR Faith, 30+30 if using both Intelligence AND Faith. 60int+30fth if you want Affinity at maximum power, but keep in mind you aren't getting a fair return for the investment cost.

Nikushimi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 947.00
Thanks for the replies. I just remember having high int but my spells not doing much to enemies or bosses.

I don't need to kill them in 2-3 hits but being able to do more than 300 would be nice when I've invested and infused and stuff. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Just remember my magic build being seriously hampered at points in the game.

Thanks for all the info though! Gives me much to think on. Anyone else who wants to contribute feel free! Thanks!