Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,166.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Since my other thread managed to get a good bit of attention I wanted to ask a question. well rather 3. So just reply in here with answers and if you can why do you feel that way. I'd love to know. Anyway:

1) Do you like invasions and/or pvp?

2) do you prefer invasions? or do you prefer things like fight clubs or duels?

3) if you answered either 1 or 2 which game did you think did invasions best? which game did general pvp the best?

And just so it's fair i'll answer them myself.
1) yes.
2) I prefer invasions.
3) I feel DS3 gets general pvp the best. But DKS probably did invasions the best. Though to be honest each game had their high points and low points with invasion mechanics.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 32.00
Bank: 3,934.00
Wiki Edits: 5
1. yes
2. duels
3. dark souls 2 in both category's.

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 19,687.50
Wiki Edits: 18
1 - yes
2 - duels (arena mostly)
3 - DkS although DkS2 soul memeory introduced some fairness with soul memory that turned to be a trun off for most, me included...but it protected newbies from grieving.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,095.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
1. Yes

2. duels mostly, but I enjoy the occasional invasion now and then, but not against people who aren't capable of doing it, or who have made a lot of progress in a hard level, cause then I just feel like an @$$, probably because I know what it's like(contradicting my title, I know). I hate fight clubs. Very strict. Fun as hell to troll them though. also enjoy trolling duelists.

3. Bloodborne (screw you guys. I thought it was great)
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

GodlessCrom

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 10,417.00
Wiki Edits: 13
1: yes.

2: I like both, but invasions the most. No other game has invasions. Others, with better balance, have duels.

3: Bloodborne. Most build variety and highrst percentage of viable weapons. The current internet circle jerk is centered around Dark Souls 2 as the "pvp souls" game, but I thought it was by far the worst. No build variety, most weapons were garbage tier compared to the meta weapons, Soul Memory was an abomination, and it developed an extraordinarily unfun meta based around "never engage until other guy does, then running r1 him." Dark Souls 3 would be my number 2 for pvp behind Bloodborne.
Belphegor ain't my FatherMother

LoyalDoyle

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,211.00
1) yes
2) duels
3) invasions: dark souls
pvp: dark souls 2

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,109.00
Wiki Edits: 38
1 - No.
2 - Duels I'd put slightly above invasions but I don't care for either. In a PvP environment if I were to bother at all I prefer it when more than two players are involved (co-op duels, four-six-man free-for-alls).
3 - Can't fairly answer this as Dark Souls 3 is the only game I've really actively and heavily engaged with in PvP, only because it's the only Souls game I got from Day 1. An occasional invader or duel aside in Dark Souls 1 or 2, not a lot of activity by the time I got to those games (well and also I played 1 offline for most of its playthrough, being my first Souls, at the time I wanted to learn the game without the nuisance of invasions). Demon's Souls is a barren desert right now and I don't have PS+ so no BB PvP for me, what a tragedy.
Just another guy trying to carve out a meaningful existence for himself on the Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired...), like you and everyone else!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,109.00
Wiki Edits: 38
GodlessCrom wrote:3: Bloodborne. Most build variety [...] Dark Souls 2 [...] No build variety

:mask-father:
Just another guy trying to carve out a meaningful existence for himself on the Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired...), like you and everyone else!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Rangrok

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,601.00
1) PvP yes. Invasions no.

2) I prefer duels

3) I guess DS2 did invasions best because it introduced the Way of the Blue crutch. DS3 was the first time I took PvP seriously, so that's the one I liked the most. I hated DS1 PvP because it was usually decided by who could abuse the netcode and backstab fish for days. I always had problems with how... slippery DS2 felt. Also, I play on a keyboard, so unlocked play is INCREDIBLY imprecise for me, which doesn't work well with some of DS2's slower weapons.

penniwise

Souls: 247.00
1. yes PVP, yes BEING invaded. exciting being invaded but meh for invading, I just did it for the cov items
2. I prefer being invaded, not duels or anything organized
3. Actually I liked Bloodborne for this but DS3 is pretty good too