Thoughts?
we livin' lives

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,115.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Uhh...no.
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,961.00
Bank: 0.00

Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,115.00
Watch on youtube.com
A system error occurred during event movement...

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,214.00
In small communes, communism works great. This is talking about groups of 5-20 individuals, maybe a few more. As long as everyone has the same goals and self interests in mind, everything goes swimmingly.

Once you get someone who stays in command too long, or starts coercing others into tasks, you start getting into Animal Farm levels of communism.

It's a no, in most circumstances.

montyuk

Casual
Convict

Souls: 468.00
Grand idea in theory, unworkable above the 20 person limit mentioned above. Humans is humans is why it never works as intended, sad but true.
PSN montyuk
XboxLive psych postie
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIylou ... zfHy8Mlwvw

SilkyGoodness

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,440.00
Bank: 393.00
So, like, what do you all think communism is????

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

SilkyGoodness wrote:So, like, what do you all think communism is????

Well, generally it is an economical belief and practice revolving around the lack of private ownership and the distribution of wealth, resources, and labor among the community or group according to each person's needs. No one is better than anyone else, all things are commonly owned, and everyone works for the common betterment of the group/community as a whole over individual progress. Basically it's a group unit mentality where each person is an equal part of a whole rather than a stand out by themself. Reminds me of an ant colony, or an organism's cellular systems to be honest, Which is a good thing if that's how you want to operate, at least when it's working as intended.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,214.00
EldritchImagination wrote:

Well, generally it is an economical belief and practice revolving around the lack of private ownership and the distribution of wealth, resources, and labor among the community or group according to each person's needs. No one is better than anyone else, all things are commonly owned, and everyone works for the common betterment of the group/community as a whole over individual progress. Basically it's a group unit mentality where each person is an equal part of a whole rather than a stand out by themself. Reminds me of an ant colony, or an organism's cellular systems to be honest, Which is a good thing if that's how you want to operate, at least when it's working as intended.

The "working as intended" part is the bit that usually falls apart, turning a functional communist society into a full blown dictatorship, with a small and very powerful group forcing their will on everyone else. Not saying that those types of government don't work (I'm looking at you, China) but they are pretty inefficient.

I think it starts getting into Calvin and Hobbes territory (the political theorists, not the awesome comic strip), where human nature has to be suppressed by authority of some sort to enable us to live in a peaceful society.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:

The "working as intended" part is the bit that usually falls apart, turning a functional communist society into a full blown dictatorship, with a small and very powerful group forcing their will on everyone else. Not saying that those types of government don't work (I'm looking at you, China) but they are pretty inefficient.

I think it starts getting into Calvin and Hobbes territory (the political theorists, not the awesome comic strip), where human nature has to be suppressed by authority of some sort to enable us to live in a peaceful society.

I was actually going to add that part, that in historic cases, communist nations often devolve into dictatorships as a result of the government abusing/misusing the system of wealth and resource distribution (which they manage) to further themselves at the cost of their citizens, as well as control the working populace into borderline slave labor. But, I figured people here probably took world history class (or at least read a history book), so would know what I'm talking about when I imply communism when not working as intended. However, communism, that is the basic belief and practices, can work when used right, and probably not on a national scale, like more so village/town sized communities.

I think when it comes to human nature, it's really dependent on the person. Some people just want to get along, others are more ambitious, greedy, selfish, or just angry and conflict driven, and want to start trouble with other people, take their stuff, make them slaves, kill them, etc...

There's also a case of nature vs. nurture. Where a part of your being is the product of your environment. Different situations in life influence people differently, causing them to become different kinds of people. Tis the chaotic nature of life and living.