Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Having hard time beating the rotten boss tips?
1. Block only when dogding isn't a viable option
2. Fire defence is recommended
3. NPCs work as a great distraction
4. Lighting(and maybe poison and bleed*) damage dealing weapons/miracles are recommended
5. Everything I wrote is totally useless but hey, he is slow so don't go over 70% equip load and I recommend rolling to the side rather than away from him.
Use an upgraded thrust weapon like a rapier. The rotten is very weak to thrust weapons.
You can roll through most of his attacks, I suggest rolling towards whichever direction he is swinging from and then using your atks, there should also be an npc you can summon before the fight
*ahem*
get
*drumroll*

GOOD

seriously though the Rotten is one of the easiest bosses in the entire game
only losers and fanboys say "get good" when someone simply asks for tips.

Thewanderingpigeon

Casual
Convict

Souls: 57.00
Really it's a matter of rolling and having a decent damage weapon I suggest leaving the rotten until near the end also lucatiel can be summoned and she is a good distraction and does ok damage
Whats the lug and kellen weakness

Thewanderingpigeon

Casual
Convict

A scratching post legit though use lightning practically every enemy in dark souls 2 is weak to the sweet Zeus juice
Playing SotFS and the Pursuer has a combo where he stabs the ground. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never seen it before and I've played the game multiple times.

Thewanderingpigeon

Casual
Convict

Yes I have seen it but when he did it for me his sword released humanities at me