Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

What stats does it scale off of?
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 39,603.50
Wiki Edits: 537
Mostly dexterity and intelligence.
Looks interesting, but kind of disappointed to see a second frost-based scythe. But maybe this and the pontiff knight great scythe will work differently enough to not reduce one to obsolescence.
Not to be mean, but the weapon art does say that it summons a second scythe and uses it in conjunction with the other.
Also, the thing has no frost damage except the heavy WA. This is by far the strongest scythe so far with a far more superior stance and scalings.
I'm pretty sure that the Frozen Weapon sorcery will make Pontiff Scythe insignificant. Frostbite will be easier to proc with most paired weapons. If you land the stun-lock combo with the Caestus or the R1 (L1), L2-R1 combo with paired curved swords it's almost certain to be vastly more effective.
So is it a paired weapon, or does the WA make it a paired weapon for just one attack?
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

It's a single weapon normally, but the WA basically turns your R1 into a paired weapon L1. Also, the normal 2HR1 is unique.

The darn thing has three different movesets and Adex/Aint scaling. Total AR (split between phys/mag) hits somewhere around 650. It's a little bit insane.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Hang on, let me re-word that.

The stance lasts until you put it away, and lets you spam the R1 as if it were a normal attack. However, it locks you in edgy slow walk mode until you end the stance. The R1 starts with a forward leap though, so hopefully range won't be too much of an issue.
It sounds like it's not innately a paired weapon though the WA turns it into one. Not just for one attack either. From the wording of the WA it seems like it's either permanent (until you switch the weapon or pull out a shield) or it may be timed like a weapon buff.

Alternately the way it's phrased could indicate the WA is a stance type of art, like a Longsword or Katana style. Meaning holding the WA button can cause a second weapon to manifest (letting go will make it vanish) then using light or heavy attacks will do something different, similar to the Longsword type of WA.

I suppose we will find out soon.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

There are already people playing the game, and they're able to tell (and show) us now. The weapon art is basically stance, including the reduced movement speed, and lasts for as long as you hold the button. Pressing R1 while in this stance attacks with both scythes, and you can continue pressing it exactly like a paired weapon. Pressing R2 while in stance creates a blanket of ice on the floor in front of you, which explodes shortly after.
That weapon Art sounds too good to be real lol.

BERNIECINDERS

Souls: 85.00
It is too good. Difficult to land. But does massive damage.

LFmydarksoulmate

Souls: 60.00
It is too good to be real except it is real.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Summary for this weapon:

It's a scythe with a fully unique moveset. The two-handed R1s are a special series of three attacks instead of being two attacks, much like how the hollowslayer has three 2HR1s. All attacks with the main scythe deal physical damage and no magic damage, and all attacks with the illusory scythe deal magic damage and no physical damage. This is not a paired weapon, but has attacks much like one in its stance.

The weapon art is a modified stance. While holding the L2 button, your character pulls out the second, smaller scythe, and puts it away when the L2 button is released. While L2 is held, your character cannot run and moves only at walking speed, just like with any other stance weapon art. While in stance mode, your R1s act as a paired weapon L1. You don't leave stance after the R1 attack, and you can continue pressing it to continue attacking. The stance R1 does not cost FP. The stance R2 creates a large area of frost at your feet which explodes after a brief duration, causing massive amounts of frost buildup. Using the stance R2 will end your stance, requiring you to pull the scythe out again if you want to re-enter it.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Minor correction here, now that I was actually able to use it myself:

Using the stance (L2) R2 does NOT end your stance. My apologies.

BERNIECINDERS

Souls: 85.00
Absolutely amazing weapon. I've been using it on a 40/40 dex/int build and it has been murdering people. Weapon art r1s can combo for over 700.
It pisses me off to no extend how most of new unique weapons are catered heavily towards Dex characters. Only 3 strength based weapons, and I am pretty sure 2 of those are going to be underwhelming in PvP. While Dex users get claws with the highest bleed build up in the game (38 unupgraded is insane), a new rapier/claw combo with 130 counter strength, new Scythe with completely unique weapon art, a new sword and shield combo weapon, and a new sabre that outshines even Carthus sword.
This DLC is becoming more and more disappointing the more I think about it.
Well to be fair there are already plenty of good strength weapons in the main game or some that can be infused with heavy and be made good but i do admit some more strength weapons swould be nice
Also there isnt that many good dex weapons in the main game either. Only a few katanas and curved swords are really good the rest are médiocre.
What are you talking about. 90% weapons are quality. I wish there were more str/dex weapons.
I'm actually angry that this is an int weapon tho. I mean if I respec at Rosaria what do I use besides this.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

It's much more a dexterity weapon than an intelligence one. The magic damage only applies to the off-hand scythe, which only comes out during the weapon art. The main scythe does only physical damage, which is a much larger part of the moveset including the stance twin attacks.
Quit *****in and level up dex
You forgot a weapon that does inherent Dark damage, and requires a good investment of Strength, faith, AND intelligence to boot. Quit whining.
There are already huge amounts of strength based weapons in the main game and most of the dex weapons suck there so it is only fair. Next DLC might be more strength based.
nobody cares about pure strength weapons anyway
Dex user here

I like it =)
Anybody willing to trade for the new scythe? I don't want to wait till tuesday. :(
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Can't trade DLC weapons if you don't have the DLC, unfortunately.
Sorry, you have to wait like all of us plebs. Bandai just said they'll release AoA at 24 instead of 25.

yuridaldal

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Are you on PC? i could drop it for you
Had someone drop me the earth seeker axe so you definitely can pickup dlc weapons without the dlc.
Yes u can use the weapons if you dont have dlc my mates dropped me weapons