Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Can summon both NPC to fight The Rotten
yes, you can summon at least 3 phantoms/shades
Awesome
I'm on dark souls 2 Xbox one
Can somebody help me t im stuck and im in journey 2
Xbox one Mary Jane Tokes need help with rotten have 1099870 soul memory msg me
i farmed him until ng+34 now i cant beat him
Lmao I only have 600,000 and beat him
Try the npc summon, lucatiel is great, just find her secret spot that u drop down to. The other npc works well. Rotten is slow, hit and run if his damage hurts a lot. Or use a shield. Rotten doesn't turn fast, you can flank him if you don't have a shield.
It's not pharros his name is Larry. He came to start a new life for himself after the divorce but soon became addicted to green blossoms. As the debt piled he had to sell his body....literally.
Found you can dodge most of his attacks by rolling into him.
Update: You can dodge ALL of his attacks by rolling INTO himif your timing is good enough. You'll want to stay right under his nose and roll when he attacks then use the opportunity to jab him with a thrust. Fire enchanted/infused weapons are preferred since undead take extra fire damage.
it's useless to shield his attack for this boss, i advise to roll. even rolling is hard because he always hit you so it's hard to dodge, but the satisfaction of beating this boss (don't mention the poison statue thing)
I'm playing on the PS3, don't know if there are platform differences, but you can dodge roll through his attack and to his back. (Whichever arm is attacking, roll towards it because he usually lunges forwards and grantin you acces to his back) No the time for him to return to his normal state is minimal so you could easily squeeze two-three attacks in if you're fast enough. Just keep repeating for most of his attacks and whenever he does an AOE (If he does one) Back off and hit him with some ranged attacks.
Hope I helped!
Im almost done with my journey and my summon sign can be found at certain boss gates. Just look out for a Ruin Sentinel wielding a large sword!
PS4 SOTFS
Hey there, if you see this within the next hour, I'd love for you drop a sign by the closest bon fire, up in the cave.

By the gate is fine too.