Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Maybe Oedon is the platonic form of "Formless Oedon" and the MP is just one manifestation of it? Maybe Oedon has echoes in all other great ones? I feel like Oedon sort of permeates the entire world, waking, dreaming, nightmare, everything, of bloodborne

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 37,758.00
Wiki Edits: 7378
Aye, if it was the complete Oedon I would recon it'd bleed mercury.
Then again I do believe it is The Messenger, and apparently even The Messenger doesn't bleed Mercury.
According the the bloodborne official concept art, Moon Presence is the formless Oden or at least his believer.

"The nameless moon presence beckoned by Laurence and his associates"
or the better translation: "Laurence and his moon monster" and the Oden Chapel in the healing church, shows relations from moon presence and Oden.

Also the concept art indicated there was a huge brain upon Moon Presence, or at least some thing formless, e.g. a dream? Oden himself?
That reminds me the Brain of Mensis......
WIKI: You can also do the "Make Contact" gesture after killing it (it doesn't have to be physically present) and still get the rune.
Isn't it a insight?

last but not least, if u imagine the formless brain of moon presence, u will found that the position of the head of moon presence is the amygdala. When it embracing u, it is touching u with its amygdala.

Can i ask for more insight based on this theory?

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

Thanks for commenting.

If you link me the original pages, I'll see what I can make it.

I'm still working hard on corrected and expanding the page.
I personally think that the MP is kind of a "corrupted" and rotten Great One, similar to (or perhaps even sharing a link with) the Brain of Mensis.
Also notice how it bears striking similarities with the silverbeasts, both have torn open and exposed rib cages, both have their heads twisted sideways.

Maybe another improperly conducted ritual, similar to how the Mensis ritual resulted in "the stillbirth of their brains"?
Hello -

I stumbled upon this great theorycrafting while working on a video I'm making about the connections between Bloodborne and Dark Souls' universes, and how I truly believe that MP is actually a being from the Souls universe. I'd just like to let you know that I'll be using some imagery that you've put in this theory, and that I'll be sure to credit you for the images, and for certain observations that tie in well with my theory, notably the Nahr Alma part.

P.S: "Nahr" is very similar to the Arabic word for 'River'/'Stream'. "Alma" is Latin for 'Soul'.
I love that the game specifically warns us at every turn about the dangers of delving too deep, yet here we are, making mad long stretches left and right.
Actually the bloodletting beast could very well be the source of the medium. The Japanese name of the boss even translates to "Host of the Beast Blood"
I had a weird thought that maybe those holes in the Moon Presence's "face" aren't eyes, or even eye sockets, but ears. There's a ton of focus on sound in the game, even more so on *seeing* sound, and following the (highly plausible) theory that the Moon Presence is the embodiment of Oedon, this would make a lot of sense. In fact, they almost seem to resemble the barnacles growing all over the Fishing Hamlet, an area of the game envisioned by the Research Hall patients, all of which are apparently able to "see" sound. The Fishwitch also makes many mentions of sound and voice throughout his dialogue, which is unusual.

Another thought: "blood echoes" seems to be a perfect way to describe Oedon. "The Great One Oedon, lacking form, exists only in voice;" "Both Oedon, and his inadvertent worshipers, surreptitiously seek the precious blood."
(op) In fact... Doesn't it look somewhat like the Moon Presence is craning its head?

Rakuyo

Caffeinated
Guardian

That's a good idea, I have no idea how The Moon Presence's head is supposed to make sense.

I entertain the idea that it points to very primitive organisms, where orifices may serve several functions.

It could be an eye/nose/mouth/ear/anus/vagina/urethra, you name it...