Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Does not show for me on Abyss battle, but Sirris does..
*Semi spoilers*

I believe I read somewhere that you need to have hollowfied by receiving 5 dark sigils from Yoel of Londor in order for his summon sign to appear. I had 5 sigils and he was there for me (just before the two guarding the door to the Abyss Watchers) however I haven't tested trying to find him without the sigils so can you confirm.
Check by the perimeter bonfire
A video I watched shows his summon sign right before the two enemies guarding the door but it wasn't there for me.
can't summon him either, anybody know what his requirements are?
Sorry, meant to say "so cannot confirm."
He is not the corpse before the archives. The Black Hand corpse holding the keys is wearing a set of katanas, just like Black Hand Kamui does (member of the Gank Trio). The Black Hand set also says there were three of them. So Kamui, Gotthard and Corpse I guess.
maybe Corpse took them off a dead Gotthard. After all Gotthard left the capital (deserted?).
Then why is his weapon on the corpse
Every dark hand member dual wields kamui dual katana gotthard dual sword and the corpse dual katana which could imply that gotthard is the leader of blackhand trio or the lowest member
The Key also states it likely belonged to Gotthard so either he died and another Black Hand member took his stuff or it is him and the weapon was kind of an oversight (the weapon seen on his corpse is also a dual wield weapon)
Gotthard, a Melhor Banda de Todos os Tempos da Última Década

http://wp.me/p27WIE-fm

REZENHANDO A Cultura POp e A a Z!!

Curtam no face a página: https://www.facebook.com/rezenhandoaculturapopaz
Anyone know if you kill him early inside of firelink if he drops the keys to the archive? or does it break my game?
you're thinking of the wrong NPC. Ringfinger Leonhard is the one at Firelink, he is all about PvP.
Black Hand Gotthard is only a summon for one boss. (He's also clearly not the corpse before archives, since the corpse wields katanas)
If you reach past the Dragonslayer Armor boss fight, before killing the Lords of Cinder, Gotthard will not spawn dead... Getting past the two bosses noted doesn't seem to help either, it seems he may be tied to killing one of the Lords of Cinder leading up to the Twins. Not sure as I'm still progressing/haven't killed many other Lord's of Cinder yet. My guess would be the Devourer of Gods needs to be killed, as he is tied to Pontiff? Not sure.
You need all prior three Lords of Cinder dead before he attempts his escape.
When I first summoned him for the Pontiff fight I thought he was an actual player character until he gave me the gesture...
There are 3 Black Hand members gotthard the Dual Katana and the corpse in front of the archives. Katana and corpse dual wielding katana and Gotthard is dualwielding his straight swords.

Either Black Hand is specialized in katana wielding or the dual wielding, more likely the first.

Only higher ranking members of Black Hand get a customized weapon the gotthard swords are named after him so it means they are customized for his fighting style. The dual katana are the same and dont look any special. Maybe its possible that the three members of Black Hand were put into charge for lothric and they are coming somewhere past irithyll. After Gotthard found out that his partner dual katana betrayed Black Hand and joined Lothric he and corpse wanted to go to their headquarters. Gotthard were forced to fight the abyss watchers and pontiff because they made their way back but the only way back is through the catacombs. Why isnt he avaialbe in the wolnir boss fight? He and corpse were lost in the labirynth of the catacombs or wolnir is one of the past kings. And after he saw us fighting pontiff he helped us. Corpse still shocked about the betrayal couldnt fight and is forced to stay back. Somewhere between the unkindled defeated both yhorm and aldrich, gotthard and corpse were sent back to deal with their former friend. During our way to the archives gotthard fought the katana one but is surprised by the partners of katana. Gotthard were defeated and corpse had to see is all. He knows that he could defeat katana and his partners if gotthard couldnt defeat them. He also knows that Gotthards Seord are his most precios possesion and so he tried to save the sword along with the archives key from katana which he both aquired but were his by a backstab. The fatally wounded corpse locked the archives and his last sight was the unkindled one that fought alongside Gotthard. He left the keys and Gotthards swords visible on him before he died, while hoping the unkindled can defeat or talk reason in his friend katana. Gotthards corpse is found stripped his clothes because katana couldnt see them on him anymore. His corpse has the greater soul of champion. Which is found near katana. Lastly the Gotthard sword and gotthards garb were gifted to us as the unofficially new leader of team Black Hand Gotthard division.
Close, but you're off on a few points. Kamui, the user of the Onikiri and Ubadachi, was Lothric's bodyguard/some form of caretaker. So it's more likely that Gotthard ran when he found out about the Lords revival. Perhaps out of fear, but more likely as a way of attempting to slay the rest of the Lords to save the Prince. Perhaps the reason we on;y find his corpse after Emma summons us is that he tried to talk his former comrade down, or stole the key, and died in doing so. But his last act was to throw himself off the roof to give us a chance.
Yes at the time i wrote this i werent in possesion of the hunters ring which describes the black hand more
The Black Hand Set states that there are (or have been) three members of the King's Black Hands. The Black Hand Hunters were the shadowy unit of Lothric's political hierarchy meant to handle those dirty situations that the King's Three Pillars were unable or unwilling to deal with. We know of two: Gotthard, obviously, and second is Kamui, wielder of Onikiri and Ubadachi.

The question then is who is the third? I don't believe a third Black Hand is ever encountered, alive or dead, in the game. They are distinguished by their standard uniform, and the paired weapons they wield. There are other paired weapons, but all of them (The Drang Twinspears/Maces, the Brigand Twindaggers etc) have lore of their own, unassociated with the Black Hands. Why do we only come across two of them, when the game specifically states that there are three?

This seems a little odd considering Dark Souls, and its tendency to be rather consistent (if vague) in its lore. Was the King's Black Hands co-founded by Gotthard, Kamui, and the unnamed third, or was the third perhaps the founder, mentored the other two, and was out of the picture by the game's start? I'm kind of hoping DLC might shed a little light on this... I find the Three Pillars and the Black Hands to be a very interesting concept that doesn't seem to be touched upon that much in the vanilla game. It would be interesting to learn more about them.
Read the lore theory from me thats directly under your comment i questioned the third one myself and have a theory who he is and what black hand even does where they are from and why gotthard helps us and kamui (is that his name) why he is on the side of lothric
We find the Hunters Ring at the top of the Ang Tower with the three golden axe Knights. Kind of like in Dark Souls 1 where the body with the gold hemmed set is assumed to be a daughter of chaos, that body with the hunters ring is probably the final Black Hand M. Member (can't see my typing in on mobile)

elementfall

Souls: 64.00
Probably will be revealed in one of the DLC
I don't know why you find such a common trope interesting. The only part that gives it any worthwhile attention, is the vague nature of its members. " the people with absolute power have minions to do bad ? " ... Really cringed when people act like it only happens in fantasy.
The Black hand uses the composite bows. You get that bow after you give the dreamchasers ash to the shrine maiden. What if the dreamchaser was the third black hand? Crazy theory: one of them is called Kamui. Probably a famous name in Japan but I have to think of Kamui Uchiha from Naruto. Uchihas are also famous assasins in their universe. Gotthard could be Itachi, a genius fighter and expelled from his village and the dreamchaser would be Sasuke Uchiha then. Probably totally off the road by I like to see them like that.
^This is why nobody likes Naruto fans
I don't remember a cutscene where the sun turns into an eclipse
The cutscene is the telepotation to the dancer in both were inside and directly after that the sun is a eclipse
And I've searched for a compilation of all the cutscenes and it wasn't there so either this is false, or the compilation and I missed it