Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

To get this ending you have to go to the dark firelink shrine before defeating the final boss and loot the item "Eyes of a firekeeper." Then return to the regular Firelink Shrine and give this item to the Firekeeper there. She will have a dialogue option that allows you to "betray" your mission by deciding not to link the fire. Upon completion of the game you will get a special cutscene and unlock the achievement.
It seems when you kill the firekeeper at the very end you wont get the throphie.

warriorpx

Souls: 235.00
Wiki Edits: 37
(Taken from the Anri of Astora questline page).

01. Find Yoel of Londor near the Foot of the High Wall bonfire. Recruit him and talk to him at the Firelink Shrine (to the left of the blacksmith at the end of the hall).
02. Request his "strength" by allowing him to level you up. Do this 5 times. You can level up once after every 2 deaths. Make sure to do this before defeating The Abyss Watchers. Also DO NOT cure your hollowing at any point through the game. This means no purging stones, healing dark sigils, etc etc. Remain hollow through the end of the game.
03. Find Anri of Astora at the Halfway Fortress bonfire. Exhaust all dialogue. Speak to her again at the Firelink Shrine bonfire after defeating Deacons of the Deep and before defeating Abyss Watchers.
04. Find him/her in the Catacombs of Carthus in a hallway before the first rolling skeleton ball. Exhaust all dialogue. Choose dialouge options "no" and "do nothing." Do not tell Anri of Horace's whereabouts at any point in the game. Doing so will get Anri killed. Speak to him/her again at the wooden bridge before the High Lord Wolnir boss.
05. Enter Smouldering Lake and defeat Horace in the cave. When you enter Smouldering Lake, hug the right wall until you get to a cave. Horace will be hostile. Kill him. DO NOT tell Anri about the incident at Smouldering Lake. Doing so will cause them to go crazy at the end of the game, voiding the achievement.
06. Find Anri again at the Church of Yorksha bonfire. Exhaust all dialouge. DO NOT kill the assassin in the corner of the room when talking to Anri at the Church of Yorshka bonfire. Doing so will void the ending.
07. After defeating Pontiff Sulhyvan, speak to Yuria at the Firelink Shrine. Use the talk option and exhaust all dialogue. If done correctly, she will tell you your spouse awaits you in the Temple of the Darkmoon.
08. Perform the "wedding" ceremony. The tomb is located behind a false statue in the room before you get to the rotating tower in Anor Londo (and after the bow knights). In my playthrough the room was already opened. Talk to the Pilgrim NPC there and accept the sword. Use the sword on your spouse at the end of the temple and recieve the dark sigil.
09. Afterwards talk to Yuria one last time at the Firelink Shrine. She will congratulate you on your ceremony and tell you that when the time is right, link the fire.
10. Defeat the final boss and touch the bonfire. Enjoy the cutscene.
You do not need to kill Horace or see Anri at the Church to advance this. I did neither of those, killed Pontiff, went on to kill High Lord, went back to Firelink and Yuria told me the wedding was ready. I went to Anor Londo and was able to progress to the ceremony anyway.
If I give the eyes back to the firekeeper, will that get in the way of the secret ending ?

warriorpx

01. Obtain the "Soul of the Firekeeper" on top of the Tower next to the Firelink Shrine. The key is sold by the handmaiden for 20,000 souls.
02. Obtain the "Eyes of the Firekeeper" from Untended Graves' Firelink Shrine.
03. Give them both to the firekeeper and exhaust her dialogue
04. Defeat the final boss and summon the firekeeper via the summoning sign.

NOTE: You can either watch the cutscene play out, or you can attack the firekeeper in the final moments. The outcome is different but you will still get the achievement either way.
Do i need to cure the dark sigils in case i got the first 5 to get this ending or do i just dont have to get the last ones from the marriage? Or maybe i must not get the first 5 either?
I didn't get the achievement after killing the fire keeper which is so annoying
you can't kill the firekeeper. just attack her once with like unarmed fists or something that does low dmg.
I also didn't get the achievement and killed the fire keeper.
I did not get the achievement after when I killed the Fire Keeper during this ending.

warriorpx

01. Don't accept dark sigils, perform the wedding ceremonies, use soul or eyes of the firekeeper, etc etc.
02. Defeat the final boss and touch the bonfire.
has anyone here, just, you know, walked out from the final boss area? if someone has, can you let me know
Instead of leaving, I just used a homeward bone. Lol, wanted to quickly see what weapon I can get for his soul and level up lol
You can walk out of the boss after killing him, yes. Just don't touch anything other than message in the arena afterward.
I just watched this video where the player kills Horance then TELLS Anri about it. He still gets the achievement to pop at the end of the game. He does NOT kill the pilgrim.

I thought you might want to watch the video for yourself since the current guide says NOT to tell Anri about Horace.
You can tell Anri where Horace is but if you don't kill him, he will kill Anri, that is the only Flag where she will die.
Forgot to link the video. Here it is. https://youtu.be/cPeSdlbT8D0?t=830
I already killed yuria (can't remember why, I think I just felt like it) so I know I won't be able to do the The Usurpation of Fire ending, but I will be trying in my next new game.
Do you have to complete the steps for the secret ending perfectly? Like always make sure you do the steps before further progression?
On my playthrough right now, I've done everything necessary for the usurpation of fire ending, except I never killed Horace. The game still allowed me to do the "wedding ceremony" and Yuria still tells me to link the fire and become lord of the hollows or whatever. I haven't finished the playthrough yet but it seems like the usurpation of fire ending is the one I'm about to get. If that's true, then killing Horace doesn't seem to be a requirement to get this ending.
BIG BOOT RIGHT TO THE FIRE KEEPERS HEAD CRUSH SMOOOOSH OH YEAH HAHAHAHAHA!!! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT HAHAHAHAHA THAT WAS AMAZING ONLY IF HER HEAD EXPLODED INTO MEAT BITS HAHAHAHA
u kno i like the other endings where you mary the chick/dude that one is cool 2 i mean like dark souls makes you agressive twords the other players, but not me cuz im the best. i have 6 dark souls tatoos and i named my daughter smough and my son ornstien you know dark souls life right? elitest to the max i see u lvl 1 on my game gonna crack ya head right open dont need no lvl 1. comon scrub, get on my dark souls skil. I got the estoc 10 plus man lets see what u got huh? my bellybutton tatoo is man eater mildred bent over man shout out to you bro thanks for the confidence. this game neesds more explosions ight?
Are you literally *****ing dumb
welp shut up
cant hate on the best XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
edgy/10